SD2 / Powerlogger Pro 2014 Update - Flexfuel

Rigged it up to test the sensor . All is good and ethonal percentage was 81% :) . Waiting on hose ends and my motor to finish
image.jpg

Eric my maf has been disconected for years. I will have to dig through the harness to find them. Or is there a better option.

I just installed everything and dumped 6 gal e85 in the tank to check the sensor. it works but I noticed some goofy things going on it the log. it first happens at frame 3770 it kind of glitches. I didn't notice anything obvious while it was running. I was making changes to tables and parameters wile this was logging. does that have anything to do with it? thanks.

Attachments

• first start.dat
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
also I should ask. should I turn my alky off or just down. kinda lost on what to do about that.

I would just turn it off. If later down the road you want to turn it on when it gets warm out or to help a little on duty cycle then do so. But for now do some tuning with it off

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just installed everything and dumped 6 gal e85 in the tank to check the sensor. it works but I noticed some goofy things going on it the log. it first happens at frame 3770 it kind of glitches. I didn't notice anything obvious while it was running. I was making changes to tables and parameters wile this was logging. does that have anything to do with it? thanks.
You should really only make changes in PL with it in Review mode, not Monitor, not Logging.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

the glitches in the data when you make an adjustment are a from a bug in the PLC software, its on the list to be fixed.

Bob

for those running the flexfuel chip, I have added another feature to the software. I haven't tested it with the earlier SD2, but the boost solenoid and fuel-cutting will likely work ok.

Its *** Overboost Protection ***

what it does: it will turn on the check engine light and shut off the boost solenoid when an overboost is detected, and optionally, shut the motor off (DO NOT USE THIS WITH ALKY)

the feature resets when you drop the throttle.

Its a free software download. Attached below, and I'm sure TurboTweak will have it on their site soon. When you run PLC, it will drop PL044.s19 in your powerlogger folder. update your PL with this file and you are good to go (save a copy of your tune before doing this..)

The immediate threshold triggers "immediately", the delayed threshold will wait the delay time before triggering. For turning on the SES light and turning off the boost solenoid only, this is all you need to do. If you want the PL to cut fuel (not for use with alky, E85 is fine though), add 8 to your options total, and put it in the options box.

overboost 6psi fuelcut.jpg
overboost options.jpg

Attachments

• PLC 2.5.1.zip
    940.3 KB · Views: 114
I'm assuming the 5.5 and 5.0 value in the above example is for test purposes? Actual values would be something just above what one determines to be max safe value?

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

yeah, for testing, for sure. the roads around here are too short and dusty for full throttle blasts, and I was doing some testing of the delay stuff, so I was playing around with the settings.

originally it was just going to be the one setting, but I kept adding stuff......

Bob

Just to verify I bought a Mac boost solenoid . can it wire right into my stock wiring and Be controller through the tune in the PL

Yes, although the MAC solenoid (and other 3-port solenoids) usually have a bit more range than the stocker, so start lower on the dutycycle settings.

Bob

After this latest update, I noticed that my Scanmaster Options get turned off every time I start PLC. ????