Seat bolt pulled through flook pan

bigballsbilly

So I'm a rather large guy. When I get out of the GN I tend to lean back on the seat back for leverage. Last week as I did this the LF seat bolt appears to have pulled right through the floor. I don't want to lose the car for any lengthe of time by having the floors done now and would prefer to wait until winter.

Has this happened to anyone else? You cant see the hole from underneath because i think it bolts into a crossmember. I'm looking for a temporary fix, like drilling a gold all the way through and putting a steel plate uderneath, just to get me through the summer.

Any ideas?

I repaired one last year with the same issue. The owner of the car was 400+ pounds. I pounded the bolt back into place, welded around the bolt where the floor bracket was cracked then welded a reinforcement plate over it. Attached is a pic of where I welded the crack before welding a reinforcement plate to it.
P1010169.JPG

Last edited:
So I'm a rather large guy. When I get out of the GN I tend to lean back on the seat back for leverage. Last week as I did this the LF seat bolt appears to have pulled right through the floor. I don't want to lose the car for any lengthe of time by having the floors done now and would prefer to wait until winter.

Has this happened to anyone else? You cant see the hole from underneath because i think it bolts into a crossmember. I'm looking for a temporary fix, like drilling a gold all the way through and putting a steel plate uderneath, just to get me through the summer.

Any ideas?
It's that dam cheese cake from Kirbans open house

I repaired one last year with the same issue. The owner of the car was 400+ pounds. I pounded the bolt back into place, welded around the bolt where the floor bracket was cracked then welded a reinforcement plate over it. Attached is a pic of where I welded the crack before welding a reinforcement plate to it.
View attachment 303492

Go with Mike! The repair looks fairly solid.

Not sure but maybe perch/mount/brackets are the same in other G-Bodies so maybe somebody local has a replacement if you needed it. If that's the only fix needed at least its kinda EZ to get at.

View attachment 303492
This would be great, my shops don't really weld so I have a buddy that owns a body shop so saturday he's gonna pull the carpet back and I hope the metal looks solid aND not corroded.

A friend of mine owns a body shop. Had one of his guys shape and weld in some metal. Came out great and only cost me $70. :)

Perfect! Sounds like you might recommend this guy. I would. Like always - find someone with skills. (y)