shift kit ?

There are a lot of reasons why the shift quality could vary. If the pressure is there on the shift it's probably got a band/drum issue. That calibration with the accum deleted and the ball left out of the vb has enough hit to shear the stock band anchor off.

I am going to take it apart but I'm confident I have all the CK steps followed and all the check balls installed where they should be. The accumulator is not blocked off I just enlarged the hole in the cup orifice. One thing I did want to mention is I installed both springs in the 1-2 accumulator even though I don't have over 400hp and the 12" converter as the instructions specify. Will this make a difference? Should I only put in one of the accumulator springs?

paul

IMO no on the springs and hate to say it sounds like you have internal problems as Bison's post reads.

What convertor? Same as with Art Carr kit?Double springs act stiffer than single which should firm up the shift.

Steve, same convertor (D4 slightly higher stall). Same one used with the AC kit. If you think it may be internal where should I be looking? Thanks for the help.

paul

Condition of the band and drum it rides on. And the band clearence.