Short

hdevans

Guys ive had a turbo buick for 24 years i had similar issues im working on a car for a friend the old killing the battery issue ive done the test light to neg side and touch the ground the lights on i took every fuse and wire so there was nothing on the fuse panel and lights still on i took every relay that i could find horn altenator starter im lost my car had a short one time it was at the wires down by the starter guys ive been working on cars a long time and built a bunch of fast stuff please give me something i can work with. every lights been pulled light sockets were diconnected every short ive ever seen will usually be traced to a fuse thanks

1.Delay relay. It's the largest relay with two connectors on the drivers side fender well.
2. Trunk light.
3. Glovebox light.
4. Disconnect the red cable on the alternator. Check for drain.

Do you have a meter ? If so , hook it up in series with the positive side of the battery to first see how much current you are drawing . By hooking up in series I mean positive cable removed , positive (red) meter lead to battery , black lead to positive cable .This will show total draw on system with everything turned off . Do not turn on any high current accessories that would draw over 10 A because the meter is usually fused for 10A . 50 ma is ok with everything turned off but still hooked up ready to start . Start there and let us know what you find . Sam

I have the altenator off to paint brackets ive had the all the relays unhooked i unhooked the antenna last night im going to check the draw this morn someone said the battery but i put mine in that didnt change anything thanks for your suggestions

I've had issues with the factory theft deterrent draining the battery. Disconnected the two connectors from the control box to fix it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

If all fuses pulled and test light still lit, it must be something not in those circuits. The fusable links can be shorted and not blow. Possible they are partly melted or pinched shorting on heat shield?

Correct, the theft deterrent is powered by inline fuses buried in the harness that are hard to find. I usually don't post about things like this but it is a good possibility that it is the battery drain.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I have had the same problem ive checked all the wires down there and check there all fine where is the theft deterent at my ttype doesnt have that option

I have had the same problem ive checked all the wires down there and check there all fine where is the theft deterent at my ttype doesnt have that option

Have you tried connecting the test light from the positive battery terminal inline to the positive cable? The brighter it glows the more current is flowing. Pull fuses until it is either barely lit or not at all. This will let you know what circuit is drawing down the battery. Hope this is helpful.

Have you tried connecting the test light from the positive battery terminal inline to the positive cable? The brighter it glows the more current is flowing. Pull fuses until it is either barely lit or not at all. This will let you know what circuit is drawing down the battery. Hope this is helpful.
This is what I mentioned to do with a meter .

Its 54ma and it kills it day or two
My ttype has 1ma i tested it 5 times the cars are next to each other

There's a thread about the stock radio killing the battery. Something fails and it runs down battery quick. However I would think removing radio fuse should eliminate that.

Did you disconnect the alternator completely ? I'm thinking the charging circuit .