Should I upgrade my chip?

Rosey1968

So I am still new to the Turbo Regal game as I bought my 87 Grand National about a month or so ago so bare with me.... I have a log of what has been done to the car so I know some but there is also a lot I do not know about the car. Things I do not know are things like how old the O2 sensor is or how old is the fuel filter. I am currnenty going through and fixing replacing the obvious things (new valve cover gaskets, new plugs, plug wires, fuel filer etc.)

Here is my question, the chip that is in the car is a TT chip that was installed in June of 2008 (see pic below). Would I benefit form swapping the chip with a newer/more advanced chip?

Here is why I ask, The car has a Scanmaster 2.1 but I would like to add a Power Logger but I believe to get the most of the the power logger I need a wide band O2 sensor and I believe I read that the chip in the car does not support wide band O2.

The car runs great. Occasionally I get a little stumble off the line but seem to be when not fully warm. Vacuum is at 12-17. Here are the Scanmaster readings I took today when the car was fully warm and at idle:

o2 798
Airflow 5
L8 35
Battery 12.6
Int 128
BL 116
CLs 170
AtS 119
rpm 850
tPS .42
IAC 23
Cross Counts 95
Nal none

Here is what I know about the motor, it has about 10K on it and it was built in 2008:
Comp Cam 210/215 roller cam, 1.65 roller rockers, 100# springs.
Stock crank, H beam rods, ported iron head, RJC powerplate. ATR headers, TH3" downpipe, CPT66BB turbo, SLIC stretch intercooler.
Walbro fuel pump, hot wire kit, 60# injectors, Acufab fuel pressure regulator
It has a Scanmaster 2.1, Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controler, LS1 MAF, Translator V6.1.
Razor's Alky kit, I run methanol only (car was last tuned by Julio at Alky Control)
PTC2800 stall converter, Stage 2 tranny

Any advice suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• chip.JPG
    chip.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
So I am still new to the Turbo Regal game as I bought my 87 Grand National about a month or so ago so bare with me.... I have a log of what has been done to the car so I know some but there is also a lot I do not know about the car. Things I do not know are things like how old the O2 sensor is or how old is the fuel filter. I am currnenty going through and fixing replacing the obvious things (new valve cover gaskets, new plugs, plug wires, fuel filer etc.)

Here is my question, the chip that is in the car is a TT chip that was installed in June of 2008 (see pic below). Would I benefit form swapping the chip with a newer/more advanced chip?

Here is why I ask, The car has a Scanmaster 2.1 but I would like to add a Power Logger but I believe to get the most of the the power logger I need a wide band O2 sensor and I believe I read that the chip in the car does not support wide band O2.

The car runs great. Occasionally I get a little stumble off the line but seem to be when not fully warm. Vacuum is at 12-17. Here are the Scanmaster readings I took today when the car was fully warm and at idle:

o2 798
Airflow 5
L8 35
Battery 12.6
Int 128
BL 116
CLs 170
AtS 119
rpm 850
tPS .42
IAC 23
Cross Counts 95
Nal none

Here is what I know about the motor, it has about 10K on it and it was built in 2008:
Comp Cam 210/215 roller cam, 1.65 roller rockers, 100# springs.
Stock crank, H beam rods, ported iron head, RJC powerplate. ATR headers, TH3" downpipe, CPT66BB turbo, SLIC stretch intercooler.
Walbro fuel pump, hot wire kit, 60# injectors, Acufab fuel pressure regulator
It has a Scanmaster 2.1, Greddy Profec B Spec II boost controler, LS1 MAF, Translator V6.1.
Razor's Alky kit, I run methanol only (car was last tuned by Julio at Alky Control)
PTC2800 stall converter, Stage 2 tranny

Any advice suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
tt chip is a great chip it's not going to run better with a power logger.the power logger is used to log data and make changes based on the info and is only as good as the person looking at the data.if you install the wideband and power logger you could make changes to the tune with the tt chip that you have or you could give wideband control to the computer with the 6.1 chip.

If Julio tuned the car last I would give him a call.if the car runs real good I would leave it be unless you plan on putting the squeeze to it.