SINGLE TURBO HEADER/MANIFOLD IDEAS

EVIL87

LOOKING FOR IDEAS FOR THE HEADER MANIFOLD DESIGN FOR A SINGLE LARGE FRAME TURBO. THANKS

Mines in the making with twin turbo stainless works headers and a single t6

Why not build them just like stockers.........EXCEPT BIGGER.
Something like TA headers.

LOOKING FOR IDEAS FOR THE HEADER MANIFOLD DESIGN FOR A SINGLE LARGE FRAME TURBO. THANKS

I used an Edelbrock tubular header system, then flipped the passenger side and rerouted the crossover under the oil pan, then modded the header to accommodate a T4 flange, wastegate is behind it...

Very common to use a factory LS/LQ, etc manifold flipped/cut and v bands welded and piped from there

Very common to use a factory LS/LQ, etc manifold flipped/cut and v bands welded and piped from there
i know this is an old thread but does anyone have any pics of the factory ones cut, welded and piped. That't the route im thinking of going on my ls swap (im using my 2004R tranny if that makes a difference regarding routing the piping).

i know this is an old thread but does anyone have any pics of the factory ones cut, welded and piped. That't the route im thinking of going on my ls swap (im using my 2004R tranny if that makes a difference regarding routing the piping).
A few pics of mine.
86TLS 003.jpg
Finish welded pieces 006.jpg
Finish welded pieces 007.jpg
Finish welded pieces 008.jpg
NICE truck header mod.jpg
86TLS 002.jpg

A few more....The alt /ps brkt is a corvette w/ spacers to move it out for header clearance...
Final turbo location 007.jpg
Final turbo location 005.jpg

This is what we came up with using Stainless Works headers feeding a Precision large frame turbo.

Attachments

• Merge with bellows.jpg
    Merge with bellows.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 400
This is what we came up with using Stainless Works headers feeding a Precision large frame turbo.
Why did you mount the turbo in that direction. Every pic i've seen has the turbo mounted closer to the engine and 90% a different angle (hope that makes sense). Is there a kit out there that has this stuff premade?

Why did you mount the turbo in that direction. Every pic i've seen has the turbo mounted closer to the engine and 90% a different angle (hope that makes sense). Is there a kit out there that has this stuff premade?

I agree, most cars have the turbo's compressor wheel pointed towards the front of the car. We wanted the car to be somewhat streetable, so there's an air to air intercooler in front of the turbo that prevented us from doing that. The radiator is mounted under and parallel to the trunk floor.

Using that configuration, we couldn't reasonably mount the turbo any closer to the motor. The only thing that we bought premade was the forward facing headers from Stainless Works.

This application is a 'nocooler" deal, burning "home brew", and a ALKY Control 2 nozzle system, strait meth.
Should be interesting, if I ever get it to a drive-able state...:smuggrin:
This is how the nozzles are plumbed to the up pipe and the dist block.
headlite.
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0491.JPG
IMG_0492.JPG