so what do these thing run stock?

Natheo

ive seen all from high 13's to mid 14's, which is a HUGE difference.

whats the dealio dawgs?????

Well, depending on factors such as tune, driver, track prep, I would say anywhere from high 13's to mid 14's. ;)

Peter

How fast it runs usually depends on how well it hooks and the temperature. Cold temps + good traction = easy 13's, hot temps and no traction = mid 14's.

Note that this is with stock boost, stock chip, stock restrictive airfilter and stock restrictive exhaust including cat. A 100% stock TR won't run much quicker than high 13s today because the fuel pump is 17 years old. Change that, and low 12's are possible with the rest of the stock engine components.

With sticky tires, a chip and a good exhaust a TR should run mid 13's. Turn up the boost to 18-20 psi and add race gas and a race chip and throw in a few tweaks and free mods, a TR should run low 12's@110 mph.

Originally posted by Natheo
i just didnt think it would very that much. how many car lengths is that?

Rule of thumb is a car length per 1/10 second. You have to understand that these cars are old. Off the showroom floor I'm sure stock models that were run at the same time by the same person would have been within a tenth or two of eachother. The only real difference would have been the weight of the cars (some came from the factory considerably lighter than the others). Now you have to figure things like engine tune, mileage, fuel system maintenance, etc. Hell, my car on a bad tune has run a mid 15 sputtering and backfiring all the way down the track. It's not a 15 second car, but it has done it.

Peter

i ran 14.1 on all stock setup with 215s on the back and pump gas,i was impressed. then i spent about 6oo bucks and knocked off a full second.:D

Nope, on a true stocker with 14lbs. boost a good set of sticky tires is the first mod. With some nice new lighter wheels.

Second mod. is the fuel pump. ;)

I have an 87 Turbo T I bought in August this year. Bought it from the original owner and its bone stock. It has no power equip
at all not even wiper delay or criuse. One friday night we went to the Island and my car ran 13.62 at 101mph twice on 215 stock tires. Next year it will be faster.

Not yet, there is a local scrap yard that lets us weigh our cars.
I didn't get a chance to go too much going on but in spring I'll
take it. The T is sleeping for the winter.

thats amazing! what a beast!

your stock TR could probably beat my moded one:( (Street tune of course)

just throwing this in there

Not trying to hijack the thread. Is a 26 tall slick gonna hurt a mph as compared to a 28 tall slick ?

Im only getting 104mph, at 17psi. Race gas race chip. It was a fairly warm day, humid anyways.

Re: just throwing this in there

Originally posted by microELVIS
Not trying to hijack the thread. Is a 26 tall slick gonna hurt a mph as compared to a 28 tall slick ?

Im only getting 104mph, at 17psi. Race gas race chip. It was a fairly warm day, humid anyways.

You'll get more mph potential out of a 28" tire than a 26" tire.

On a stock car with a small turbo (restrictive) and weak valvesprings, loose (or unlocked) converter, it will run faster with 28" than with 26"... But, 26" tires should be able to run 106-108 with no problems.

With race gas and chip, but only 17 psi of boost, it could be the car is too rich down the track. Turn the boost up and the mph should pick-up.

ya i figured as much. As soon as I went up to 20 psi traction was gone, have to work on that.

Thanks.....

just a little warning, jsut because a car has a few mods or its stock or whatever, you shouldnt' bet on it running that good. we've had 2 cars that both run 15's one only got to make a few runs, could definatly be faster though.

just look at mine, perfectly cared for car, all the little stuff, 37# injectors fuel pump, good chip to go along with it 3" down pipe and a dump pipe, tons of little stuff and i ran a 14.1 last year, granted that was bad air but i was running slower than that for a long time. my first trip to the track gave me a 16.

There are a lot of little thing that can happen to them that will really slow them down, for me it was a bad o2 making me run really rich and a cracked header not letting me build boost fast enough. my 60' times are usualy around 2.4-2.5 the best is 2.3, and thats slow. trap speeds are 102, thats usually a good 13 sec. run, so every car will varry.

and there is almost no such thing as a stock car left now.

Originally posted by denn454

and there is almost no such thing as a stock car left now. [/B]

That is an understatement. I had guys tell me their cars are stock
but when I look at it theres all kinds of mods done. Then they tell me what chip is in it. Anyway when I bought my car I could tell it
was mostly unmolested, how much I was surprised. It has the factory chip, the screen was still in the intercooler shroud and the cat is there. There was nothing changed, the owner was one of those guys who just drove the car as it was. All thats going to change soon in spring, then I'll say its just alittle over stock;)