So who's going to Byron sunday?

ecmo92

Just wondering if anybody from the chicago area is going to be there for the chapter's race day. I went last spring and thats when my new motor started making noise. That was before I got to run it, I was still in the pits!

Drag racing

I should be there! Hopefully better than last fall.:eek: Usually a good turnout and a good time.

Steve:D

Krikey! April 28th already? Now I have to decide between Jefferson swap meet on sunday or Byron. I was planning on going to Jefferson but how can I miss out on this race weekend??I went to the Samantha Rix race last year and it was awesome! Loyd and Shari and crew really rolled out the red carpet for us with the canopy, the food, and the pop. To top it off my little light blue T cranked off a 12.8 with no complaints, first time it ever saw 19 PSI. So long as it's not raining I think I'll be at Byron.

No food this year.....

Hi, Steve(s) - We're looking forward to it, too. We're keeping the cost of the racing down for the members this year, so there won't be any hot dogs. We will have soda, though.

Looks like no rain right now, but I would like it to warm up just a tad!

See you guys there!

Yes... they are GREAT hosts! I am not a member, but they welcomed me and my WE4 like we were members! If the rain passes over, I'll be there-- not with any of my cars, but with my buddy and his black '70 GS Stage 1...

Rain, rain, go away. Come again some OTHER day! :D

BTW, what time does the track open and festivities begin? Thanks! Jay

Normally....

the track opens around 8:30 am. We were there around then today, which was when the track owners decided to not open the track. Too cold and drizzly!

We're going to try to re-schedule after the Nats sometimes. We'll keep you posted.

Sorry about that!
:(

Yeah... we were there about 9:15. Nice day for a 3 1/2 hour drive, eh?! :(

Don't be sorry! Not your fault Mother Nature didn't cooperate!

Let us know when the rain date is please! Thanks, Jay

What a BUMMER! Oh well....
I only took the T-type out for a quick 10 minute spin on saturday to test drive my new KYB shocks and guess what? Mother nature took that bet and rained all over me!

I hope we can reschedule the race day, it's a great time.

Thanks Loyd and Shari!

Hi Jay

I made the trip up also. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I don't know if our axles would hold up to the great turbo weather and traction might have been little to none.

Later,
Steve:)

Yes it was a bummer, I saw 10 cars going to the track when I was going home. I bet there would have been a good turn out if they were open. :(