Solid Roller Lifters in Stock Block

9SECVSIX

Does anyone here know if the Stg11 Iskenderian solid roller lifters can successfully be used in a stock 3.8 block.

I believe that most mechanical roller lifters will expose the oil gallery at full lift and cause a massive internal hemorage (oil leak). The Buick Power Manual refers to a shielded foot lifter to avoid this problem. I haven't been able to find a supplier of these yet, (maybe this week at PRI show). STG2 engines don't have this problem because the oil gallery doesn't intersect the lifter bore like stock and STG 1.

DR

I have been told that the Crane# 62518 is a shielded lifter that won't uncover the oil galley but they are pricey and there's a ton of these Stg lifters around, I have the Comp 818's in my Stg11 block but we know they won't hold oil pressure in a stock block!

9secvsix
9.4's@145.xx

I use the Crane #62518 in a production 4.1 block. As far as I know, there aren't any others available. GB

Originally posted by unboostedV6
I use the Crane #62518 in a production 4.1 block. As far as I know, there aren't any others available. GB

What lift do you have at the cam?

Bush the lifter bores and put the holes whre you want them. Solid roller wont give you much gain under 6500rpm or so and you would need a NASTY set of heads to compliment this rpm, why in the world would you want to do this with a stock block?There may not be enough people at the track to pick up the pieces!
Bill

Originally posted by EightSecV6
Bush the lifter bores and put the holes whre you want them. Solid roller wont give you much gain under 6500rpm or so and you would need a NASTY set of heads to compliment this rpm, why in the world would you want to do this with a stock block?There may not be enough people at the track to pick up the pieces! Bill

You are exactally right on Bill, I plan to run over 6500 rpm. In my case I must use a stock block as NHRA does not allow stage blocks in stock class. It may not last long, but as any racer should know, we push to just before the max limit to get the most out of what we have!

Since I did not do my homework properly and bush the bores before I put it together, am trying to get the basic concept running and worked out before I tear it down again. Guess I may need to bring a magnet to find the pieces?

Roller lifters

I have a couple of sets of Crane 81520 that have a shielded roller. Anybody know if these will work in a production block?

.381" at the cam w/ 1.60 rockers for .610" at the intake valve. Schneider ground it for me after an extended interview. I shift at 6800, but have been known to bounce it off the 7000 rpm rev limiter on occasion. GB

Nick

Nick,

Comp cams has a special light weight hyd roller lifter that that
the mustang guys are spinning close to 7500 rpm.
It is called the pro magnum and it's PN is 885-12.

Let me know what you think.

I have 2 choices for you guys: in stock 885x-12 lifters or i can have the shop making these for me make them soild.

250.00 a set.