Speaker options with roll bar going through the speaker holes

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
How are people dealing with rear speakers when the roll bar is going through the speaker holes? I'm currently running 6x9s with adapters at the stock location. I'll be installing a roll bar at some point. Most kits go though the speaker holes to the area near the shock. I would like to keep my speakers if possible. They work fine for me. I don't plan on adding a subwoofer. I've seen speakers in the side panels. Don't know if a 6x9 could be done there. Thanks.

I modied my 4X10 to 6X9 adapters and used 6.5 round speakers. I already had the speakers and it took me about 15 minutes to modify the adapters and it was good to go.

I'm thinking I might just move my adapters inboard some. I plan to eliminate the wire holders. One set of screws goes through the adapter and the 6x9s. The other set of holes is blind. I might use some self threading screws to go into the housing, maybe even adding some caulking for adhesion/vibration proofing. I suppose an air body saw would work for modding the deck. I'll have to open up some slots in the package tray. I saw a thread by a member that did that with his roll bar but he moved the 4x10s and kept the wires.

I didn't have to modify my rear deck at all. I am not a purist but I do prefer to not cut my car more than necessary.

All the roll bar kits I see have the rear bars going though the outboard speaker holes. Got to cut some of the tray if a speaker is going beside the roll bar. Got to cut up the floor and trunk to do a roll bar so I'm not that concerned with cutting the package tray.

It would be easier and require less cutting to just move the rear bars over slightly and leave the speakers intact. I did not need to modify the rear deck because the hole is 10" long and I used a 6.5" speaker which leaves plenty of room for the 1 3/4" bar. I am of the opinion that roll bars should be custom made so that that can fit around what's important to you especially when you can get a custom, professionally installed roll bar done for about the same money as a kit.

Capture.PNG

Did you have to cut the inner body panel to get clearance for the magnet? I looked at that spot but seemed like it would be tough to get it 8n there.

I pulled that pic off the web because I am thinking of doing the same, it looks like the gray ring the speaker slips into is a custom piece that keeps the depth of the speaker to a minimum. That ring for a 6 x 9 or a 6.75" circular could easily be replicated and printed out using a 3D printer. I am leaning towards a circular mid-range since I have no room for a sub in the trunk.

Mike

Yes, you can get those grills in different depths. I looked at them but after seeing Mark Huffman right up on his speaker install in that spot, I didn't think a 6x9 would be easy. Think he used a 5 or 6 round speaker.