split pattern or single pattern roller?

chasmat2316

what are most people using ? I'm building a 109 stroker with ported gn-1 heads & was wondering what cam are most using?

what are most people using ? I'm building a 109 stroker with ported gn-1 heads & was wondering what cam are most using?

Honestly. your best bet.. call a cam manufacture and get a custom grind made for YOUR motor...

Good luck!:smile:

Honestly. your best bet.. call a cam manufacture and get a custom grind made for YOUR motor...

Good luck!:smile:

It's also good to know what your actual flow numbers of the heads are. There is a ratio between intake and exhaust flow cfms. Once the flow numbers are known then you can choose your cam profile.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

It's also good to know what your actual flow numbers of the heads are. There is a ratio between intake and exhaust flow cfms. Once the flow numbers are known then you can choose your cam profile.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

That's right Billy forgot to mention that... flow #s are critical for cam numbers... ie.. duration... etc..:smile:

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Yes thisis very true, but I was thinking there must be lot's of people on this board that have built 109 strokers with GN-1s ported by Tom @ Champion? I was wondering what the current trend was as far as what works for a cam? Thanx for all info!

Give Me The Power!!!!!!!!

:cool: I have a 109 stroker and I use a single pattern cam with aluminum heads. If the exhaust side is up over 70% of the intake than from what I have read from different (old) sources a single will usually make more power. I went 10.1 at 21/22 psi of boost with a slipping trans at that time, just think what 31 psi would do. Per Gale Banks all things being equal every pound of boost increases hp by 7%.

I think there is more to cam selection in a turbo motor than just head flow numbers, I think the actual turbo used will have quite an impact as well. A "small" turbine that has a backpressure of 2X boost pressure will probably have an optimum cam that is different from a "large" turbine that gives a backpressure of 1.1X boost pressure.

John

:cool: I have a 109 stroker and I use a single pattern cam with aluminum heads. If the exhaust side is up over 70% of the intake than from what I have read from different (old) sources a single will usually make more power. I went 10.1 at 21/22 psi of boost with a slipping trans at that time, just think what 31 psi would do. Per Gale Banks all things being equal every pound of boost increases hp by 7%.

What cam are you using?

What cam are you using?

It's a street car, so I use a 224 hyd. roller with 110 degree lobe separation.:D

PS: I have used this cam since 1999 with a .030 over 109 and was going 10.5 @130 mph back than at 24 psi of boost and all on the foot brake from day one.

It's a street car, so I use a 224 hyd. roller with 110 degree lobe separation.:D

PS: I have used this cam since 1999 with a .030 over 109 and was going 10.5 @130 mph back than at 24 psi of boost and all on the foot brake from day one.

What lift is this cam & what rpm do you shift it?