Spun Bearing

Spun Bearing...... Rebuild/repair it or Replace Engine?

• Rebuild/repair it for less now and start saving for a new engine...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
your pics make Joilet look good! Congrats on getting the car back together. BTW, where did ya finally get the motor from?

I got lucky on that part. A member here had a fresh rebuild that he was selling and he lived only 15 minutes away. Not only that, he was a great resourse and introduced me to two more that are awesome with these cars and made the rebuild as smooth as it could be. What a learning experience and I love my car even more now..... simply awesome!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a Scanmaster? If not, I would highly recommend installing one so it's in plain view and learn how to read the O2 and knock values. It has saved my engine several times when something goes wrong. I also have Casper's knock gauge on my pillar. I have over 300-400 passes on my stock block by carefully monitoring and avoiding knock :)

I had way over 1k passes on my short block ... just a scanmaster an erics chip tuned by me all in the 11's-high 10's

Yes, I have and had a scanmaster. I have the extender G chip in too and it has a feature that I progammed now that flashes the check engine light as well when you get excessive knock. Plus the alki kit... I didn't get any knock before when I had the failure...it was the oil and abuse before....... I'm still learning....the hard way as usual.....

I went through the same thing! when my wallet got lighter I started learning faster and the car went faster ... good look my friend

320394_495616037119863_137243814_n.jpg