Stage billet main caps

dank GN

BlackArts Automotive (661)993-8277
has anyone used or seen bullet caps for our stage 2 blocks ? I have just acquired abunch of what I believe are rear billet. Caps
IMG_6598.JPG
IMG_6600.JPG
IMG_6639.JPG
IMG_6639.JPG

The ones on the left aren't main caps per se they are where the BBC type rear main seal is installed. The rest of them are for an Indy block from what I can tell. Kinda funny really I had a friend about 15 years ago that could have used those. He had an Indy block with no caps, I told him to throw it away.

Neal

Last edited:
Okay Neal please explain what the difference is between a stage 2 4.1 and a indy block . I know that the indy blocks had shorter deck heights and the lifter bores where closer together but didn't they have the Same caps ?

Chris,

They don't take the same main caps. On any standard Stage 2 block the rear main seal is integral to the #4 cap. Early blocks took a Buick type seal while later Off center and On center used a BBC (big block chevy) rear seal. All the standard blocks have main stud holes that are straight with outboard bolt holes that are splayed at the #2 and #3 positions. The Indy block has inner and outer holes that are straight. There were 3 versions of #1 main caps depending on the vintage of the block from early Off center blocks thru late On center blocks none of which are the same as the Indy block.

Neal