Stageright trans brake issue??

Chris996

I'm in the process of installing a Stageright trans brake.
The manual valve that comes in the kit (the one that replaces the stock one), doesn't move freely in the valve body. Dare I say, it seems to be binding.
I filled the portion of the valve body that it slides in with trans fluid, and it seemed to loosen it up, but it is still stubborn at the end of its travel. I understand that it will be completely submerged in fluid when it is installed but I really don't want to put this thing together and find out I've a problem.
If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Honestly put the trans back as it was and get you a TR6 ignition system with 2-Step. Makes most 2004-R tbrakes obsolete....

Not to the naked eye, Paul. It seems when either end enters the valve body it tightens up.
I was gonna just go for a "run around" on this nice day, when I got the idea to dig into this ...... I'm such a dumbass :)

FWIW, I had to take some metal off the ends of the manual valve. Works as advertised now.
Thanks to those who responded. Special thanks to Paul (Pacecarta) for taking the time to answer a newbies remedial questions.