Stalling after a burnout

Rippin_V6

I'm gonna floor it!!!!
How do I cure this problem? When I do my burnout and then back out of it quickly, it shuts right down. Is this an IAC problem? My IAC's are around 35 at idle.

hey

same thing happens to me people say IAC but my iac is set perfect so i have no idea rest your iac. all i have to do is back out of it slowly

brent

I found that If I blip the throttle a few times when I roll out of a burnout it wont die.The problem comes from the MAF seeing alot of air going through it and then when you close the throttle,the metered air is now pushing back through the turbo and MAF instead of into the motor.Thats my theory at least.HTH.

Originally posted by Rippin_V6
Will a 3 inch Maf and Translator cure this problem?

Might, Bob and I worked on solving that problem in mine. He added some type of little patch that seemed to solve the problem, but I don't know if it's in the production version of the Extender chips.

The easiest way to stop this is to have the throttle stop screw moved out so that the butterfly valve doesn't snap completely shut when you let go of the pedal...regardless of the IAC reset procedure. If the valve stays open enough to allow air in, it shouldn't die. If that increases your idle speed significantly, you'll need to alter the chip...of course that what is necessary to add the infamous "decel patch" that david is referring to.