Starting the S-10 Blazer brake conversion

Thanks, another question. The brake lines from the gbody bolt up to the dual pistons calipers? Or do I need new hoses and a bolt on the caliper end? I have rounded up most of my parts and they are in the mail :0)

I reused the Russel braided lines I had with the stock brakes. Did have to use a different banjo bolt that came with the new calipers but that was it. Also had to reposition the brake lines. Nothing too heavy or difficult, just gotta take time to pay attention to the details.

I used new S10 break lines for the new Calipers. I bought 3/16" - 1/4" flare adapter. Everything else bolted right up.

Thanks guys. I have the Russel lines also. I will make sure I have the banjo bolt before I start.

Thanks, another question. The brake lines from the gbody bolt up to the dual pistons calipers? Or do I need new hoses and a bolt on the caliper end? I have rounded up most of my parts and they are in the mail :0)
My brake line bolted right up to the caliper hose, I didn't need any adapter for the dual piston S10 brake conversion.

Did you guys reuse the original brake hose bracket or replaced it with the S10 Blazer hose bracket?
Haven't install my setup yet but noticed I'm missing Blazer brackets when I bought the setup.
Thanks in advance

Did you guys reuse the original brake hose bracket or replaced it with the S10 Blazer hose bracket?
Haven't install my setup yet but noticed I'm missing Blazer brackets when I bought the setup.
Thanks in advance
I reused my original hose bracket, and I used SS brake lines while I was at it.

Some updated pictures. Ridetech shocks, brake line setup, and flare adaptor I had to use.
br1.JPG

br1.JPG

br.JPG

Also, I use can see i used the stock brake hose bracket.

Thanks,
Im going to switch to the braided lines soon. I should of did it the first time around. I will post pictures when complete.

To be honest, not a whole lot different. I live rural so hard braking is not done often. Sometimes I think it feels better and sometimes the same as stock. I have another..actually 2 other gbodies with stock brakes that I drive also. I am planning on a rear disc conversion next winter. Maybe try LS1 conversion on my T someday.

How's the brake feel compared to the original?
I am going to correct my above post, I have been driving both buicks a lot lately and the GN does have more front brake than the T. I also have bigger cylinder out back and I can really nose dive it if I try.

I didn't use the factory brake bracket because I was concerned about how the hose makes an immediate turn. This would cause the rubber hose to work itself and lead to premature failure. It also would impart a slight twist to the hose too when in turns. My solution to this was to use the frame bracket off the Blazer that is L-shaped. All I had to do was bend the factory hard line down (being careful not to kink it). The end result is this, which is less likely to work the brake hose.
IMG_1081.jpg

This is what it was looking like with the factory hose. You can see how it would be a concern. (this was a mock-up)
IMG_1056.jpg

I've done it on one car and it was night and day. Already have a full set up for my roller. There IS a difference

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Also as explained above went through eBay and got braided lines that worked great. Highly recommend

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app