Still trying for that elusive 11 sec. timeslip

RobR

formerly TTA 1387
Was out at Cecil County Raceway this Saturday. I was hoping to crack the 11s since this is supposed to be a fast track. First time I've ever been there. No new best times for me this weekend. I had to back the boost down to 19psi as I just can't get this knock squared away. I'm running a Reds 93 chip with 21.8 degrees of timing. I tried 20psi and the pump turned up but was getting helacious knock, 10-15 degrees. I had to back out of that run. Came back to the pits and started sniffing for coolant. None to be found...I was safe. Spooked me to say the least.

I did manage a 12.26@111.47 with a crappy 1.74 short time. If I could've launched like the previous two outtings, I could have a 12.0 timeslip.

I guess its working pretty good though as those times are in line, if not better(with a launch) than my previous times with 93+Xylene.

Question: Could my stock setup be the cause of the knock I'm getting at a "relatively" low boost setting? I'm still running stock injectors, turbo, intercooler, down pipe, cat-back. Just a cat pipe is added. O2s are still 800+ but my pulse widths are way up, around 38-39mv and in the 130-140% range. I know its time for injectors very soon.

Originally posted by automorph
Please get a fuel pump and injectors :( I believe your stretching the limit. :D
I do have a 340 pump :) The injectors will be changed in the near future. That's up there on the things to do list for the winter :D

Try denatured alchy. I was able to turn the boost up 5 psi, using it, and ac 43's gapped at .032. You may be getting transitional knock from the water.

Actually you are about at the end of that combination. I don't know if I would worry too much about going faster. After the injectors, etc., you will be in the 11's safely.