stock gm shocks

77tech9

Extreme Huffer
Anyone know how good the stock replacement shocks are from GM?
I know they aren't as good as say " Bilsteins " but just wondering how good they are.

They are as good as the stock shocks, which means they'll be noodles after 15,000 miles.

The GM replacements are not as good as KYBs, and cost more. They are not as good as Bilsteins, or Konis, but they cost less. Some new style GM shocks are pretty good, but not the ones for "old" cars, like ours.

I got some from the GM dealer for less then wholesale, around the price of gmpartsdirect.com so I picked them up.

I asked for real Bilsteins, but the parts guys aren't as "knowlegable" as some people, so he ordered these, so i'll try them out (for my 15k mile basis) and get some real Bilsteins from autozone or something

Err erase that, went back to dealership got my money back and paid $50 more for Bilsteins at autozone.

I dont know, they are special order $0 shipping.
I got them cheaper then kirban's $305

Originally posted by kh440
Since when did auto-bone start carrying bilstein??

They've been carrying them as a special order item for years. They really can get almost anything special order, you just have to know exactly what you want, and there's no shipping charge.

$59 a piece plus tax. So around $250 for all 4, front and backs are same price, and they were DEFIENTLY worth the money!