Stock rear shoulder belts.

Discussion in 'Safety Equipment' started by CzyKats44, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Coach

Coach
    Expand Collapse
    Bo ran away with my goat :(

OK,
    I was on the phone with my belt manufacturer yesterday. What do you prefer...a 3 point shoulder with a retractor that can be placed on either side, and require drilling into the trunk floor, or a 4 point harness that will only require modifying the rear package tray area?
    The 3 point system would still leave 1 lap belt in the middle position of the back seat.
    The 4 point system would allow 3 harnesses to be bolted in.
    I need feedback so I can continue engineering and design. Once I have a finished design...I can send it to my belt manufacturer and have them run tests to make sure it will meet Federal highway safety standards. I will not sell it if it will not meet code.

Lets get some feedback please.

Thank you
    Coach

2. CzyKats44

CzyKats44
    Expand Collapse
    Dis-Member

I think the 4 point would be popular with my back seat passengers while they are younger. However the 3 point is much more practical and will look more natural.

I vote 3 point shoulder belt.

3. Coach

Coach
    Expand Collapse
    Bo ran away with my goat :(

Like I said...the only drawback is the 3 point has to be on a retractor. Therefore it must be bolted onto the lower trunk shelf. Not a lot of guys want to drill into certain areas of the car. The 4 point system would only require drilling into the rear package tray area, which is completely unnoticeable.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Please...let's hear others.