Stock rear shoulder belts.

Discussion in 'Safety Equipment' started by CzyKats44, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Coach

Coach
    Expand Collapse
    Bo ran away with my goat :(

OK,
    I was on the phone with my belt manufacturer yesterday. What do you prefer...a 3 point shoulder with a retractor that can be placed on either side, and require drilling into the trunk floor, or a 4 point harness that will only require modifying the rear package tray area?
    The 3 point system would still leave 1 lap belt in the middle position of the back seat.
    The 4 point system would allow 3 harnesses to be bolted in.
    I need feedback so I can continue engineering and design. Once I have a finished design...I can send it to my belt manufacturer and have them run tests to make sure it will meet Federal highway safety standards. I will not sell it if it will not meet code.

Lets get some feedback please.

Thank you
    Coach

2. CzyKats44

CzyKats44
    Expand Collapse
    Dis-Member

I think the 4 point would be popular with my back seat passengers while they are younger. However the 3 point is much more practical and will look more natural.

I vote 3 point shoulder belt.

3. Coach

Coach
    Expand Collapse

Like I said...the only drawback is the 3 point has to be on a retractor. Therefore it must be bolted onto the lower trunk shelf. Not a lot of guys want to drill into certain areas of the car. The 4 point system would only require drilling into the rear package tray area, which is completely unnoticeable.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Please...let's hear others.

4. pkschul

pkschul
    Expand Collapse

I'd be interested in this as well. Would the 4 point design be easy to hide when not in use?

5. Coach

Coach
    Expand Collapse

NO. They would be able to be displayed very neatly vs the stock ones you need to push down into the seat crease.
    The 1st design is going to be a retractable unit similar to the one in a post earlier in this thread. The 4 point is still under testing.

THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE VERY SOON GUYS.

Thank you all for being patient.
    Coach