Stored 5 months on 100% E-85

onefastgn

Just went down and pulled the T-type out of the bubble and hooked the battery up and primed the engine and then started it up. Not one problem at all. Ran just like it did before i put it up for winter. It had an 100% E-85 when i stored it, about a 1/2 tank. Just wanted to let everyone know the effects of running E-85.I made a test run @ 23 psi of boost and had 0.5 knock, may have been because it sat for so long with the old E-85.:)
Stock filter,stock lines, combo below.

To convert from gasoline to e-85 you installed 84lb injectors and a chip?

that doesn't sound right.. your gas tank, lines, filter, and injectors should have disintegrated by now...

I am thinking of converting and would like to know what it takes to run low 12's high 11's. I have read lots of posts in this forum. Unless I missed it, nobody has really said the stock lines and upgraded pump are good for high 11's on straight e-85. It seems like everyone who is converting to e-85 is much faster than high 11's so they are running upgraded lines and different fuel pumps.

I think with a stock turbo , or Ta49 ,upgraded single intank pump,hotwire,adjustable fuel reg,79# injectors, TT e85 chip, and scan tool is what will get you into the mid to high 11s no problem.Any bigger turbo and you will need more fuel which means bigger pump, fuel lines, stainless filter,injectors... So for the best bang with E85 is a smaller turbo and the biggest injectors without a ECM mod which is 79# or the new 80s

Just went down and pulled the T-type out of the bubble and hooked the battery up and primed the engine and then started it up. Not one problem at all. Ran just like it did before i put it up for winter. It had an 100% E-85 when i stored it, about a 1/2 tank. Just wanted to let everyone know the effects of running E-85.I made a test run @ 23 psi of boost and had 0.5 knock, may have been because it sat for so long with the old E-85.:)
Stock filter,stock lines, combo below.

Yep amazing isnt it after all the demonizing against E-85 on this board and others around the net, your car still works?? it cant be true ;)

I am thinking of converting and would like to know what it takes to run low 12's high 11's. I have read lots of posts in this forum. Unless I missed it, nobody has really said the stock lines and upgraded pump are good for high 11's on straight e-85. It seems like everyone who is converting to e-85 is much faster than high 11's so they are running upgraded lines and different fuel pumps.

There are many posts in this forum that repeatly say the stock lines are good for high 10s. Very few have upgraded lines on this board. For our very fast guys yes but they are not the majority. Plenty of TRs that run E-85 dont even post here.

My White car has only the 83s and the matching chip to go with E-85. Pump was upgraded by previous owner. The white car has stock engine, turbo and IC. With 22 psi with about 20 degs timing I can kill a new M5.

I have put well over 25,000 on this car with E-85. I drive it everyday.

E-85 is no joke and will make around 10-15% more HP than the same car with 93 + alky. :smile: BTW: This is before you change the boost or timing to take advantage of the extra performance of E-85.

Yep amazing isnt it after all the demonizing against E-85 on this board and others around the net, your car still works?? it cant be true ;)

It's been just plain disgusting - I'm glad that some real information is getting out there. :cool:

I guess I have officially highjacked this thread.

There are many posts in this forum that repeatly say the stock lines are good for high 10s. Very few have upgraded lines on this board. For our very fast guys yes but they are not the majority.

I guess I missed that.

What brand of fuel pump are you using in your cars?

I must have not noticed that my trend was still alive. Glad to see everyone else is having the same effects. I agree that i should be able to run safely in the mid to low 11's with my combo below with stock lines. We will see this summer. I ran the 12.3 with the intercooler hose coming off about 60 ft before the finish line in the 1/4 mile with 50 on the rear shifting into overdrive.:D

that doesn't sound right.. your gas tank, lines, filter, and injectors should have disintegrated by now...

:D

thats awesome

just took mine out today near empty tank of e85 that sat in tank all winter
drove to town and filled up with come fresh e85
boosted it up a few times running great!
i love e85 and xfi;)