Suspension Upgrade Help

Brutal Buick

I am slowly working towards getting my car painted but want to address a few things first so that the paint is my final step. My supension is all stock as far as I know and would like to upgrade it before painting. I would like the car to handle well and not rattle my fillings loose when I hit potholes :D. Can someone point me in the right direction of what I would need to get this done. TIA

Jamie

Change/upgrade your body bushings, making sure to install the #5 GNX bushing as well.
Add additional bracing: rear seat, front v and triangle, etc. braces.
Box your lower control arms.
Good springs if yours are sagging and a good set of shocks (Bilsteins are very popular).
Good set of tires, maybe some bigger wheels (at the expense of ride quality), probably around 17".
Rear sway bar, there are many models/types.

This list is in no particular order (though I'd check your bushings first, then do bracing) and is by no means a complete list, but will give you a few things to look at. I'm sure I missed a couple and other guys will chime in as well. Searching the board should give you more than enough info on all this stuff. Good luck!

-Jade

The only other thing maybe is a basic rebuild of the front suspension with polygraphite bushing in place of the factory rubber (which have probably deteriorated by nowthen upgrade to a kyb or bilstein shock. But do the body bushings first-you'll be amazed at the difference.

The body bushings Poston or Kirban, teh suspension bushings I'm not sure but I believe summit offers the complete kits.

You can also get the body bushings (and I believe the stiffer "pink" bushings) from gmpartsdirect.com and save yourself a few bucks. You'll have to search for the part numbers though (I would, but I'm about to head out the door).

-Jade