TAI at BG

TurboWh1

When does qualifying start on Friday? Just want to make sure I'm there in time. Also curious if u guys run more than one class during the Nats. Let's say TAI and B1.

There's a car show on Fri, so after that sometime in the afternoon after peer tech. In tech just ask Julio, mid/late afternoon IIRC. There is also qualifying Sat morning too, so that works as well. Peer tech is Fri afternoon before qualifying. You can run more than one class, just have to hot lap it, no waiting around, no time to do really anything to the car since they run back to back.

Excellent! Thank you for the clarification. See you in BG! I'm excited to run this class. Doing some final adjustments to the car tonight before I load up tomorrow for the trip down.

Had a blast at diner tonight. You guys are off the charts. I got some cool pics and video to post up when I can.
I've always wondered over the years, why no one ever posted up pics during this event. I now know why. The internet in this town sucks.
More tomorrow. Happy spooling. :)

Mike B.

We are have in a poker run today... Something different.... We will meet at the rear of staging lanes at 10:15 leave st 10:30 be back for peer tech at 12:00.
Will know then 2 rounds of qualifying will be today an 1 tomorrow SEE YA THERE!!
JD

Not going to be racing. My car is pouring antifreeze after a short cruise

Yes. Car is still OK. Same as last evening. Had a leak when I first got to the track. Issue seemed to correct its self after I got there. Just to be safe I ran to the local GMC dealer and got some stop leak pellets. Flushed out the coolant and added distilled water. Ran it late yesterday afternoon and drove it 20 miles around town. No leak

From Thursday's diner. :) Yea. we might have had a few drinks in us.:rolleyes:
Good times.

I've got more.;)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

That was awesome!!!!
Can't say thanks enough to everyone that came an participated!!!!

Byran I'm still CFYA....... CHAMP!!

Thanks for posting the video Mike ! Another great time in BG with the crew. ..
Very happy that you made the decision to come this year and see what we are about. ..FUN

Bryan

I had a blast as well!! Thank you to all that put this together!!! I will definitely be there next year. BTW I'm still a little salty Bryan that u beat me by .03. Great race tho! It was damn close

I had a blast as well!! Thank you to all that put this together!!! I will definitely be there next year. BTW I'm still a little salty Bryan that u beat me by .03. Great race tho! It was damn close
Hahaha. I'm having a fueling issue. My second fuel pump may not have come on. Injector duty cycle went to 100 %, it did the same thing with my grudge race against JD. Pulled out 10 degrees of timing !!! I ran most of the run on 11 degrees and went 6.36 against his 6.22
Had a great time and got to meet new people!
Last year I won by .0058 against Grey Racer :)
JD and I will do it again in May at the event in NC. ...I'm taking him down! Hahaha. ...let the trash talking begin !

Bryan

Last edited:
All right guys. As I type this, I'm stuck in some flee bag hotel tonight, just outside of Nashville, waiting to fly out in the AM, back to the warm weather of California.
I got nothing better to do than post up some pics. Give me a few minutes to drink my beer and post some up. ;)

Congrats to Bryan on the win...good job gettin that monster to run so damn fast !! Looks like you and that JD guy are going to be hard to beat...
However, it can and will be done..:) Sorry we didn't see everyone before Flash and I left for South Florida...long trip home....got in about 3:00 this afternoon, drove the 900 mi. straight thru.....
Had a great time even tho my rear u-joint decided to stay at the start line while the rest of the car launched...that's racin !!!! I think I might have had something for you
guys if things went a little differently. I'll be bringin the axe in May and we'll see if maybe we can do some choppin in NC....
A big thanks to everyone for all the help and support during the week...what a great bunch of guys in TAI....hope everyone made it home safe and sound....
Gunna sleep good tonight ...

Congrats to Bryan on the win...good job gettin that monster to run so damn fast !! Looks like you and that JD guy are going to be hard to beat...
However, it can and will be done..:) Sorry we didn't see everyone before Flash and I left for South Florida...long trip home....got in about 3:00 this afternoon, drove the 900 mi. straight thru.....
Had a great time even tho my rear u-joint decided to stay at the start line while the rest of the car launched...that's racin !!!! I think I might have had something for you
guys if things went a little differently. I'll be bringin the axe in May and we'll see if maybe we can do some choppin in NC....
A big thanks to everyone for all the help and support during the week...what a great bunch of guys in TAI....hope everyone made it home safe and sound....
Gunna sleep good tonight ...
You and Flash are great people, wish I was closer ....

I am so sorry your car broke! You can definitely cut a light !!
I would like to have lined up with you again this year.

I am out of injector ...need to upgrade before May , converter is going to Dusty Bradford for a blade removal as the 18 blade just isn't doing the job. A 17 blade should do the job. ..see you in NC and hope Flash can make it as well!

Bryan

The TAI rematch launch.

The hairs stood up on my neck when I first saw this shot. The last TAI run of BG 2015.

And if you like this shot. you'll love the video with the "Happy ending". :D

The TAI rematch launch.

The hairs stood up on my neck when I first saw this shot. The last TAI run of BG 2015.

And if you like this shot. you'll love the video with the "Happy ending". :D
I got him by 2 tenths on the reaction time , he got me by 2 tenths on the 60' , 1.48 to his 1.46. (I was only able to launch with 5 psi or the Alky came on and caused a lot of popping. This will be remedied before May!) After that I ran out of injector and most of the run was with 11 degrees of timing. I couldn't recover. It would have been a very close race with a clean run. Can't wait for the rematch.

See you in May Fool.

Bryan