The NEW GN & GNX...coming soon America!!

The Land Down Under is also being "fundamentally transformed". Their auto industry, which since 1948 has included design and manufacturing will be all gone by '17, and they will become a distribution arm for the manufacturers who are now producing cars there. Just sad...

The RWD and twin turbo has my interest but I wlll never warm up to the bloated egg shape !:wtf: Come on buick! :yawn: take a lesson from the competition that has successfully re introduced their muscle cars that actually look like the ones of yesteryear! If it is to wear the GN/ GNX badge in addition to jaw dropping performance ,it has to have the styling cues of the legends!:D It needs to LOOK like a muscle car! not a steaming pile of :poop:

It looks to me like the recently semi-revealed, rwd, ATS-V Coupe with the purported 450HP twin turbo 6 could be the genesis for a Grand National or GNX...
This ATS-V could be a fun car. Wonder how much it will cost? Hopefully not V-stupid.

valley_girl.gif

I always thought they had a good platform (albeit Aussie) with the Commodores(US G8s)/VX and VZ Monaros (US 2004-06 GTOs). It wouldn't take much to retro tweak one of these into a Turbo 6 model. I had a GTO in the states and also spend about 1 month every year in New Zealand and had driven a few high performance rentals. They are well made vehicles, unfortunately as said in earlier posts the market over there is changing and those cars have no place to fit in anymore.

holden_commodore_ve_ss_v8_2007-1.jpg

And I have yet to see a single SS in the wild. Only one I recall seeing was part of the GM dsiplay at the Super Chevy show many months ago. :confused:

It looks to me like the recently semi-revealed, rwd, ATS-V Coupe with the purported 450HP twin turbo 6 could be the genesis for a Grand National or GNX...
This ATS-V could be a fun car. Wonder how much it will cost? Hopefully not V-stupid.

There was a black ATS-V sedan at the November SF international auto show and it looked bad ass.