The Turbo Regal Limited Registry is up

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
Several people here know that I have been looking for the right Limited for close to a year now. During that time, I've come across quite a few cars...some very nice...others not so. The cars I've come across I've put into a MS Access database which allows a quick comparison between them amongst other things. During the course of my research/hunting, I also came across several threads on this forum and elsewhere of Limited owners lamenting the fact that there is no way to have any sort of an educated discussion about the number of these cars remaining nor the relative occurance of certain colors and options. It seems to me that with the uniqueness of the Limiteds and the fact that each car is basically a one of a kind, someone would have taken the reins and stepped up with a registry for what are some of the most popular cars in the community. Alas, no one has...until today. I didn't want to see my research go to waste. And with so many enthusiastic Limited owners chomping at the bit to help make this project work, I figured I would step up and contribute to the community in some small way. So without further ado, I'm happy to announce the creation of The Turbo Regal Limited Registry. I have more to say about this site but satisfy your urge and go ahead and check it out for a few minutes. Don't forget to come back. ;)

The Turbo Regal Limited Registry

Alright. I hope this is going to suit everyone's needs. There are a few things I am still trying to decide on for the site. But to be honest, I'm a little sick of the recent obsession of developing the site. So I'd really like to take a couple of days (maybe even a week's) break before coming back to finish the site. What I would like to do in the meantime (until I am able to stare at thousands of lines of code for hours on end again with little to no sleep) is start adding cars to the database. This needs to be done anyways. So...

What I need from Limited owners on the site is an e-mail with the following information about your car:

• Your full name, e-mail address, and a phone contact. The phone contact is optional and won't be posted on the site but will be maintained in the database. Name and e-mail are mandatory.
  • The V.I.N. and current mileage of your car.
  • The exterior color, landau top color (if applicable), interior type (cloth/leather) and interior color
  • The location of the car. No I don't want your address. A state or province will more than suffice to get a feel for where these cars are located.
  • A legible photo of the RPO sticker. My current thoughts are that I will not admit a car into the Registry without seeing the RPO sticker. There are a couple of cars in it now with no other information than what I gleaned from a picture of the sticker...it gives me 85% of what we all want to know.
  • Your favorite photos of your car. One exterior shot will be the car's album cover in the photo gallery. Pictures of the exterior, the interior, and one of the engine bay are ideal. Undercarriage photos or any others of interest are also welcome. I am considering capping the number for each car at fifteen. I have found more than that to be redundant for the purposes of this site. And of course a picture of the RPO sticker...did I mention that yet? :D

I think that's it. Please send e-mails to dhigson@telusplanet.net. You may not see your car in the registry right away. But I'll keep the gallery current so everyone can see their car and what else is out there while I finish the site over the next week or two.

Finally, while I would appreciate e-mails for those contributing to the registry itself, I would also welcome PMs here with any suggestions on what people would like to see on the site. Although the site is not yet complete, I think you can get a pretty good feel for it which is why I decided to go ahead and publish it tonight.

That's it. Thanks for looking and I look forward to some e-mails. :cool:

No it's for anyone that has info to add on 1 of the 1035. Start e-mailing. ;)

Looks good! A Limited has always been on my want list, just not much luck finding one in my price range and fairly close (to the middle of nowhere).

Mint:)

Ill be sure to get GRAMPZ info emailed to you to add to the registry. Here is my website with my 1987 Buick Regal Limited Turbo T:

ZMODS FIREBIRD WEBSITE (Creator:STEVE ZALIMAS)

I need to give the site a major update but its a start. My most recent pics of the car is on this thread:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tu...leeper-fans-here-my-wolf-sheeps-clothing.html

Enjoy:)

I can't wait to see the RPO sticker on your car Steve. It's obviously very heavily optioned. The Digital Dash and Power Driver's seat are rare on these cars. Beautiful example.

I like the white one on page 2 in the gallery. :D

I knew you would Mike. Do you still have the car? If so, glad to hear it. I don't have your last name in the registry so if please PM me that info when you get a chance. Thanks.

I have a small collection of SPID labels that I scavenge off the internet for information purposes. Here they are along with the VIN and date I copied them. I figure you could weed through the ones you already know about. And if your car by chance happens to be one of the VINs I have dont be alarmed. All I have is the SPID label. No names or information were recorded when I copied them.

Pic 1 1G4GM1171HP404489 12-7-07
Pic 2 1G4GM1177HP433138 11-9-07
Pic 3 1G4GM117XHP446305 7-6-07
Pic 4 1G4GM1174HP429855 11-10-05
Pic 5 1G4GM1176HP431087 11-7-06

Attachments

• 87 Black LTD SPID.jpg
    87 Black LTD SPID.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 721
  • DkRed Limited SPID.jpg
    DkRed Limited SPID.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 727
  • 87 LTD SPID 1.jpg
    87 LTD SPID 1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 766
  • 87 LTD SPID 2.jpg
    87 LTD SPID 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 728
  • 87 LTD SPID 3.jpg
    87 LTD SPID 3.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 712
Part 2

Pic 1 1G4GM1177HP450120 3-28-05
Pic 2 1G4GM1177HP404710 5-16-06

Attachments

• 87 LTD SPID.jpg
    87 LTD SPID.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 769
  • 87 DarkRed LTD SPID.jpg
    87 DarkRed LTD SPID.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 684
Turbofish38,

Your car VIN 1G4GM1177HP433138 has 93 codes! Amazing. I have 81 codes and from what I had researched, I was only missing leather and either t-tops or astroroof. Do you have these options that put you up to 93 codes?

None of these Limiteds are mine. They are just scans I stole off of eBay and boards like this one. But I can say my 86 GN has something like 92 codes IIRC. One of the guys told me of a contest Kirban had on finding the most codes on a SPID label and that got me to thinking of what is really possible. So I spent a few days compiling info from 100's of SPID labels I have. I do think it was possible to have at least an even 100 codes on a SPID label. The magic combination would have been a 86 T-Type or GN sold in Canada. Sorry Limited guys and other 87 owners. Someday I'll get around to posting a thread on it.:smile:

my limited has 96 codes, and there is a bunch of options its missing. mind you mine it is a canadian car, so I don't know by how much that runs up the amount.

Turbofish38,

Your car VIN 1G4GM1177HP433138 has 93 codes! Amazing. I have 81 codes and from what I had researched, I was only missing leather and either t-tops or astroroof. Do you have these options that put you up to 93 codes?

You're talking about TRL021 in the registry. Probably the most heavily optioned WO2 car out there. Aside from the Granny-looking exterior options like coach lamps, cornering lamps, and a landau top, that car has *every* option except a power driver's seat.

my limited has 96 codes, and there is a bunch of options its missing. mind you mine it is a canadian car, so I don't know by how much that runs up the amount.

I was gonna call BS on 96 codes, but you're absolutely right Steve. I haven't picked out which codes pertain to Canadian cars, but yours is definitely a freak as I mentioned being a WO2 car with coach lamps. It does have a few oddities like the coach lamps and factory-ordered front and rear floor mats. But other than that its not actually that heavily optioned. There must be multiple additional codes for the Canadian cars. The other Canadian car in the Registry has 97 codes and is only moderately optioned. When I get a chance I will cross-reference the cars and pull out the Canadian codes. Cheers.