time to upgrade need sugestions

jay dcpt

So I have a 50,000 mile 87 gn in nice shape. Upgrades so far are hot wire kit with upgraded fuel pump, pypes exhaust no cat tt chip with stock injectors. cai and timing chain upgrade along with gauges and scanmaster. Car runs very well and I was planning on just using the stock turbo to its limits. Next I was planning on upgrading to a maf translator a new intercooler, 80 lbs injectors with a new chip and a nice downpipe. Any recommendations on witch ones I should go with? and from witch vendors? Im just trying to put together a nice running street car.

car also has adjustable fuel regulator. and was planning on getting a rjc power plate as well.

60lb injectors from Eric (TT) or any vendor here. RJC downpipe and Razors alky. Just my $.02

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Alky is in plan for the future, from what ive been reading 80 lb injectors have great street manners so I figured just buy them once and be done. the car does have a alradco radiator in it so I wasn't to concerned with a external trans cooler just yet

Nothing wrong with 80s at all. The trans cooler is just cheap insurance;)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

So I have a 50,000 mile 87 gn in nice shape. Upgrades so far are hot wire kit with upgraded fuel pump, pypes exhaust no cat tt chip with stock injectors. cai and timing chain upgrade along with gauges and scanmaster. Car runs very well and I was planning on just using the stock turbo to its limits. Next I was planning on upgrading to a maf translator a new intercooler, 80 lbs injectors with a new chip and a nice downpipe. Any recommendations on witch ones I should go with? and from witch vendors? Im just trying to put together a nice running street car.
If you plan to turn the car up even with the stock turbo the trans will need at least a shift kit to get some time on it.i don't even turn them up unless the trans is done anymore.

thanks for the suggestions. I will put some thought into the trans as well. im actually not that far from Janis. Is there a intercooler you guys prefer? I was thinking about just getting the pipe ind slic from rjc they seem like nice pieces

so I have been looking at different vendors and I think im going with the 3 inch dp from rjc there power plate and there slic. Are any of you using that cooler? How does it fit what is your opinion on it? Thanks for the advise.

so I have been looking at different vendors and I think im going with the 3 inch dp from rjc there power plate and there slic. Are any of you using that cooler? How does it fit what is your opinion on it? Thanks for the advise.

wait wait wait .. your doing all these mods and they won't do anything for you on a stock turbo car ..

First either decide on Alky or E85 .. then at the same time get some data logging eqpt on the car .. chip is mandatory as are injectors ..

If you turn it up on E85 / alky and run it to lower 12's the stock turbo will be your limiting factor ...
don't bother with all the parts you mentioned until you've gotten to that point.... just a waste of money

ok well this was my thought process and please correct me if im wrong. When i got this car it ws a really nice untouched car. It was leakng oil from just about every where. I rebuilt the suspension to stock pulled the engine to reseal it replaced every gasket on it andused arp headbolts and installed the mods i listed. I wanted to start with a good foundation. I plan on using alky in the future i just have to locate a place close to me to purchase it. When i had the intercoolr out it was full of acorns cleaned it out the best i could . it has a kirban down pipe on it and i keep getiting exhaust leaks so i figured get the nice piece dp and a fresh slic. I was considering upgrading the turbo but from what ive been reading on here i can get a substantial amount out of the stock one. And i figured a translator even with a stock engine would improve response from the vehicle. I was planning on installing those upgrades one at a time make sure the car runs correctly then install the alky system. What are your thoughts?

ok well this was my thought process and please correct me if im wrong. When i got this car it ws a really nice untouched car. It was leakng oil from just about every where. I rebuilt the suspension to stock pulled the engine to reseal it replaced every gasket on it andused arp headbolts and installed the mods i listed. I wanted to start with a good foundation. I plan on using alky in the future i just have to locate a place close to me to purchase it. When i had the intercoolr out it was full of acorns cleaned it out the best i could . it has a kirban down pipe on it and i keep getiting exhaust leaks so i figured get the nice piece dp and a fresh slic. I was considering upgrading the turbo but from what ive been reading on here i can get a substantial amount out of the stock one. And i figured a translator even with a stock engine would improve response from the vehicle. I was planning on installing those upgrades one at a time make sure the car runs correctly then install the alky system. What are your thoughts?

sounds like the typical GN customer I get ..

sounds like you've made some good decisions as far as cleaning things up and getting to run to OEM condition ..

if your just looking for a nice decently quick Saturday night car..

Do E85 or ALKY .. if you have E85 stations by you go this route.. if not go with ALKY .. and when I say go ALKY I mean go ALKY control , Julio has this kit 100% maximized and you can not do any better than getting his kit ..

get a chip in conjunction with this and injectors .. I would also OPT for a 44 or 49 turbo ( I favor the 44 because Ive pushed them further )

once you have the turbo / injectors / chip / E85 or ALKY .. you should have a 11 second ride .. if you don't run it hard often the trans will last you a while

my experience has been on every customer 's car that Ive done a E85 conversion and done the suggested mods that 11.6's is a reality and at that point the stock trans wont hold long... typically the drum snaps and its game over .. if you detune a bit and leave it at hi 11's low 12's it will live .

E85 / ALKY will be the biggest bang for the buck you can do . I would invest in this first .. then keep an eye out for DP / on here .. sometimes some deals come up on ATR's or THDP's

Datalogging is something to also put as a priority .... I cant say this enough its not the parts that make these cars fast .. its the tune and brains behind the scene

no e 85 near me. im in cleaveland ohio. still researching where to get alky near me. Thank you for your knowledge. So my dp is giveing me problems so i am getting that along with injectors and chp. So after that you sugest go with alky kit , te44 , keep original stock ic even thogh mine has seen better days, and go from there? How do you feel about the maf conversion

no e 85 near me. im in cleaveland ohio. still researching where to get alky near me. Thank you for your knowledge. So my dp is giveing me problems so i am getting that along with injectors and chp. So after that you sugest go with alky kit , te44 , keep original stock ic even thogh mine has seen better days, and go from there? How do you feel about the maf conversion

maf conversion is a smart idea.. idle cleans up and frees up intake restrictions ..

The chip needs to be burned for the alky control kit and whatever size injectors you're running. If you get #80 injectors and a TT chip for 93 oct. first, then get the alky control kit later, the chip will have to be reprogrammed for the alky control kit feature.
If you get them all together you're good.

I think turbo89 is saying a new 3" DP is an expensive solution for an exhaust leak, if the exhaust leak can be fixed.

that's exactly what im going to do is just get it all in one shot. Going with the alky and injectors. Anyone know where I can get alky near or around the Cleveland ohio area?

that's exactly what im going to do is just get it all in one shot. Going with the alky and injectors. Anyone know where I can get alky near or around the Cleveland ohio area?

Dude you can always just run Denatured Alcohol from Home Depot...

Don't tell me there are no Home Depot's in Cleveland.. I mean I know you guys spent all your money on getting LeBron and Kevin Love there, but you MUST have SOME sort of infrastructure left...

Just look up "Razor Alkycontrol" and order it online. It will ship to your house. No need to find someplace close to where you live.

I'm guessing he is saying he does not know where to buy m1 methanol. There has to be some sort of race shop in your area, heck call your local track and ask them. Can also be ordered online but shipping might be expensive. Save your money on a intercooler and just use a stock one if going with alky or e85, might be gone now but the was a dutt neck one for sale on here yesterday