Timing Chain install?

This is not a difficult thing to do in a day IF,IF,IF, your good with your tools. I can give you the rundown on the process if you think it's something you want to do it yourself. Jon Hanson

not hard at all remove the top rad hose,remove the crank pulley(intercooler if its stock location) unbolt the timing chain cover and 3 bolts at the bottom and there it is, read this instructions carefully from the new chain gears for timing settings.

the hardest part for me was putting the cam sensor back on. u might as well repace the water pump too.

It's a Saturday morning job- no drama at all!

Don't forget to re-install the cam button! Yeah, I forgot to......

Had the engine on the stand, ready to go- all accessories hung, and I'm gettin' ready to hook up the cherry picker......I start putting tools away, and right there on the bench, is my lil' ol stock timing button and the new roller button and spring right next to it......:mad:

Do as boosted86 suggested and you will not have a problem. That’s what I did and I had no trouble. If your water pump is fairly new you do not need to remove it from the front cover. My gm manual suggests you leave the pump connected to the front cover and remove as one.

Good luck.
Chad

thanks for all the replies....went out of town the day after I posted this and the house we rented had no internet , can you belive that...

thanks again