To hell with this 3rd brake light, rewiring!???

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
As you know I have been getting 12 volts across the bulb socket but no lighting, I even tested and it is fine. It is obviously a current problem. Now After testing and replacing the brake pedal switch (didnt work) I am just going to wire the 3rd light to the switch on the pedal. Now, can anyone tell me what wire is what on the switch so I can go ahead and hook it up? Thanks in advance!

Scott

It should be the blue wire for the 12V. If the bulb is not lighting up when pressing the brake just cut the ground side off and reguround it to another location.

Already tried another ground even to the battery. to save myself any more nightmares, Im just gonna run my own wire from the switch to the back. Is the wire from the switch blue also?

Scott

Here's the story on that wire.

At terminal C of the switch it is blue with a black stripe on it. +12 volts when you push the pedal. Goes into terminal J of connector C209 which has 11 cavities and is connected to the left side of the fuse block. There it turns into a blue wire and goes into connector C320 which is 6 cavities in the rear left hand corner of the trunk. That would be on the drivers side under the cardboard isolator where many put their hot wire relays and get the fuel pump feed for the hot wire relay there.

From there it becomes light blue with a black stripe and goes into connector C780 which is a one terminal connector above the other one in the trunk that feeds the light itself with a blue wire.

Plenty of places it can be broken or unplugged.

I'd check the trunk area under that cardboard insulator thingy for the two connectors there.

Put a brick on the brake pedal and make sure it has +12 volts with a meter or better yet a test bulb to ground all along that path.

in the past i just spliced a connection into the white wire off the brake pedal switch which im gonna be doing this weekend and it always worked great before-let you know matt