TORQUE CONVERTER RECOMMENDATIONS

they told me it came apart inside the multi disks came apart plus tranny was filled with bad fluid ,dirty fluid I burnt tranny up
Oh ok you meant the converter let go and was trashed, I was assuming it wasn't good enough for your combo..(y)

Ya had been in car since 2008 tranny burnt up and fluid got toasted clutches and bands rebuilt tranny and found out converter got too hot

I have a ta-49 and went with Turbo Buick Performance 3021 HF Lock-up Torque Converter, after David rebuilt my trans. I spent around $600 on converter. 60' 1.6 on 235/60 drag radials

Send it back to Precision Industries or PTC for a rebuild...they can make into a 3 disc which will be plenty tough for your setup. Put a note in the box stating what you want and what you have.
Probably around $450-500 + shipping both ways.

Send it back to Precision Industries or PTC for a rebuild...they can make into a 3 disc which will be plenty tough for your setup. Put a note in the box stating what you want and what you have.
Probably around $450-500 + shipping both ways.
I LEFT IT WHERE IT NEEDED TO BE IN THE TRASH ! I GOT A NEW CONVERTER 2 WEEKS AGO PUT IN AT RICHARD CLARKS AND HE SUGGESTED GETTING RID OF IT SO I LET HIM HAVE IT FOR A CORE ! AND YES MY CAPS IS ON !

2800, I told David my setup and the 3021 was his recommendation. Drives like stock around town. I couldn't be more happy with it.
I am leaning in that same direction just want him to spec it out as close as possible to 3k zero stall.
Btw this David stuff is getting out of hand. Lol

I LEFT IT WHERE IT NEEDED TO BE IN THE TRASH ! I GOT A NEW CONVERTER 2 WEEKS AGO PUT IN AT RICHARD CLARKS AND HE SUGGESTED GETTING RID OF IT SO I LET HIM HAVE IT FOR A CORE ! AND YES MY CAPS IS ON !
Have you been drinking young man? If you say so! Lol

PI multi disc are among the best and strongest out there for a lock up converter. You can lock it at the track . Have you had it to the track yet?

What converter did you end up getting?

I am leaning in that same direction just want him to spec it out as close as possible to 3k zero stall.
Btw this David stuff is getting out of hand. Lol

basically my Protorque 9.5 stalls at 2650 at Zero and i just don't want 200 rpm increase 400 is more of an increase that i am looking for.

basically my Protorque 9.5 stalls at 2650 at Zero and i just don't want 200 rpm increase 400 is more of an increase that i am looking for.

He has a stock motor and you have a built motor. You are too focused on stall as my converter works nothing like the Pro-Torque. The 3021 HF will work great for your combination. The flow rate in the converter has been increased along with stator and pump design to get the turbo to spool. It also allows driving around town to act like a stock converter. This also allows the converter to lockdown unlike the pro torque. The pump and stator combo I use only works with a turbo application. This is why my converters have moved up the ladder as the go too converter and why others are selling them as there own design from my builder. Be careful there, chances are you will get the wrong converter for you application as they have designed nada and don't understand the converters design.

The pro torque was the best converter available at the time before I designed the 3521 then the 3021 technologies 5 years ago. These are turbo friendly designs. The stator and pump used in the pro torque is not and is used across the board by all manufacturers. If you are not running one of my lock-up or NLU converters, you are most likely using this combination. The pro-torque, Vig 0 pump and most others use a 0 Pump and 14 blade stator. This is a 20+ year old design and not optimal for a turbo, but great for a small block NA motor.

When I upgrade your Pro-Torque, there will be a major difference in performance. I have 2 new stators that I have designed being built. These 2 new stators will be exclusive to TBP and private from other sellers (I am tired of others selling my design) and maybe I can use one in the upgrade of your converter. It will have the pro billet 9" diode converter performance at a fraction of the cost and it should fit in a billet lock-up stackup. Let me know

Last edited:
What would you expect slip to be up top on a high eleven second car with 28" tall tires. I'm seeing almost 14% with a ptc nlu 10".

I'm running 11.88 at 112mph with Dave's 3021. Seeing between 8-11 percent slip unlocked according to power logger, at the end of the track. Dave said it's not a real accurate measure of slip though. I'm going through the beam at the end of the track at 5300 on 255/60 15 MT Drag radials.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ik it's frowned upon now a days to lock the converter at WOT. It is tough on the transmission for sure. But you guys are pissing away horsepower not locking it. Obviously, you can not lock a single disc. That's why a rebuild on the PI converter into a multi disc for under $500 is tough to beat for a mid 10 GN. You won't find a better, stronger converter for $500. jmho

Leaving off the 2 step at 2500 at around 8 psi, when I release the button rpm's jump to 2900 and I'm at 25 psi before the powerlogger registers 1 mph. It definitely couples hard like dumping the clutch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Have you been drinking young man? If you say so! Lol

PI multi disc are among the best and strongest out there for a lock up converter. You can lock it at the track . Have you had it to the track yet?

What converter did you end up getting?
I don't have a built motor ,just 42lb injectors and t-44 turbo rebuilt transmission by Richard Clark and he said my converter was junk , I do not drag race ,I got a Daaco converter 2600 stall it works great . And it was only 200 bucks instead of the 800 for the one out of my car .

You will be fine with the dacco. With converters you get what you pay for. When you are ready to step up there are more costly options.