torque specs

2GNS4ME

I was wondering if there was a list of torque specs. I just purchased a built short block and hopefully getting champion steel ported heads and intake in the next couple weeks. Want to get the motor together with proper torques on everything.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Joe

I have the factory torque specs. I believe when you use ARP bolts and studs those specs are different though? I can copy you the specs from my shop manual if you want it? I am sure someone else will chime in on this.

Thanks again Tony always a pleasure as usual. If you can get me a copy that would be great want to make sure everything is torqued and I was reading about the head studs different opinions on how to put them in properly.

Joe,

IM not sure if anyone has listed them online but I went and purchased Buick performance engine book by Steve Dove.
it has all the general specs and very handy to have, i got mine from Postons

hope it helps
Mike

Joe

If you have the boxes the specs are on them. Depending on the size of the bolt or stud. I believe the factory headgasket spec is 80ft lbs and I think it is recommeded to go 90 ft lbs. I will copy the specs for you and if you need to know more let me know and I will talk to the man that should know best;)