TR Custom Parts Hoodskinz Sale thru May 15 2017

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Stock appearing version is on sale for $220 plus shipping. $30 off the regular price of $250. Also the PAINTED Power 6 version is available again. $300 plus shipping.

http://buickgn.com/Hoodskinz.htm

openhood.jpg

Above version is on sale for $220

Below version is the PAINTED 6 style that goes for $300

color6hoodskinz.jpg

Do these sit up higher than stock pad, closer to the underside of the hood? Having an issue with up pipe rubbing on pad so took it off.

Not going to the TB.com show.

As far as rubbing goes, if your are running a 2.5" up pipe you will be fine. This is thinner than the stock hood liners. Where you can run into clearance problems would be if running spacers and sometimes 3" up pipes. Sometime have to make some adjustments to the pipe. All front mounts seem to have different bends coming off the throttle body.

Add some HR motor mounts and that can raise things up even more. On my GN it just barely rubbed. Had the Hoodskinz guys add a 10th hole that already exists in the hood bracing to bring the liner tighter to the hood.

Not going to the TB.com show.

As far as rubbing goes, if your are running a 2.5" up pipe you will be fine. This is thinner than the stock hood liners. Where you can run into clearance problems would be if running spacers and sometimes 3" up pipes. Sometime have to make some adjustments to the pipe. All front mounts seem to have different bends coming off the throttle body.

Add some HR motor mounts and that can raise things up even more. On my GN it just barely rubbed. Had the Hoodskinz guys add a 10th hole that already exists in the hood bracing to bring the liner tighter to the hood.

Thanks Mark... think I'll make the adjustments to the pipe first. It's a 3" pipe with spacer so guessing I need around 1/4". Plenty of room to adjust the pipe just need to find the right place to do it.

My 3in intercooler pipe hits a spot about the size of a dime above the "c" in turbocharged. Actually hits less than the stock pad.

Make some adjustments and shouldn't hit at all. Some front mount pipes might need to be cut and use a silicone connector between the now two piece pipe. As long as you bead roll the cut ends you will be fine. On my own car I just made a new pipe with a couple of 70 degree 3" elbows and it came out great. They all seem to be bent differently depending on which one you use. You want to try to end up with a slight downward angle coming off the throttle body. 2.5" pipes shouldn't have an issue.

5 days left on the stock appearing HOODSKINZ, don't miss out.