Trans Brake

dvernst

When you launch with the trans brake don't you lose some time, and or energy by the suspension not being loaded up like when using the foot brake? Thanks. Dave

I guess a better question is because of everything being unloaded how does the rear suspension, and rear end handle the shock of launching so many times? Thanks.

It can be hard on parts that is for sure! But it just takes practice to get the "timing" down of when you release the brake vs when the car reacts. the timing is no diffrent than learning when to let off the brake pedal and mat the gas.

Have any of you guys broken drive shafts using one? Do you use a ds loop? Thanks...

Have any of you guys broken drive shafts using one? Do you use a ds loop? Thanks...

If your running 11.5 and you dont have a loop:eek: you must spend alot of time in church. I used a brake once in a buddies car. I thought you could load the suspension just before hitting the brake.When I was in my friends car he told me to hold the switch and hold the gas to the floor and then release the switch. Thats about the time I soiled myself.That 9 second car went 11.9 and they all laughed at me.

That 9 second car went 11.9 and they all laughed at me.

Yeah, it does change the way launch feels huh? I remember when I tried out my brake for the first time at about 15 psi. You start to get used to a car and it kinda feels "slow"? Well, it damn sure didn't then. It woke me up real quick, and by time I had realized that I had jerked the shifter into second on the launch I had already let out an involuntary "HOLY S*$#!". :eek:

No one should launch ANY car with sticky tires at the track without a DS loop. I had a rear U joint puke out on me when I hit second in my '71 Camaro, and I have a buddy that lost his front U joint going down the track going 50mph....wasn't pretty !!!

Hold button, floor the gas pedal, release button, wipe keester at the end of run !!!

never broke my driveshaft but I did twist one of my axles in half lauching the other year at renyolds. Now have 30 spine mosers, etc in it

You wanna talk about trying to get use to something try the Stage Right Trans brake utilizing a column shifter and then add a 2 step to that...i'm still not quite up to par but it is alot of fun....its said that a transbrake with everything setup properly will get you half a second in the 1/4.

Thanks, I just ordered the ds loop from kirbans. Ordering the trans brake and trans from Lonnie in about 2 weeks. So excited!

digging up a dusty thread here...man I've had some very fast cars and even raced S/ST S/P with a foot braked car. However have never owned or driven a transbrake vehicle.

The GN I just bought already has a TH400 w/brake and I am excited AND nervous about it!

Those with a trans-brake what rpm or boost do you launch at? I have hoosier qtp's with launch springs and bagged. Also solid control arms and strange 10 way adjustable.

Those with a trans-brake what rpm or boost do you launch at? I have hoosier qtp's with launch springs and bagged. Also solid control arms and strange 10 way adjustable.

I take off at 4800 rpm 20 psi
The car 3600 pounds
a ATR bar
And boxed control arms and slicks and cheap comp shocks Nothing fancy
The car will 60 foot in the 1.40s

The car 3600 pounds
a ATR bar
And boxed control arms and slicks and cheap comp shocks Nothing fancy
The car will 60 foot in the 1.40s

The car 3600 pounds