Trans temp/fluid vs stall RPM

wayner

I always wondered how trans fluid temp. and type affect stall speed? What I mean by fluid type is synthetic vs regular Dextron III or even Type F.
I run Mobil 1 synthetic and my trans temp never seems to go above about 195F. Would my converter stall at a different speed with hotter or colder fluid??? Same with fluid type? Would my stall speed be different with different fluids???

fluid temperatures that vary do affect stall speed.definately a matter of concern in bracket racing.however ,i would surmise based on what i know about hydraulic principles,that a cooler running fluid will slightly reduce stall speed verses something that runs 10 degrees hotter.this is certainly under the same operating conditions and cool down time.this will probably be about 50 rpms.i believe the greater amount of heat absorbed in the oil among other things will strike the turbine with more force.why dont you do a test with a data logger ,yopu know how i oppose speculations.

HEY ,SHARPEN YOUR PENCILS AND REPLY TO THIS.WE ARE FAR FROM DEAD HERE AND THIS A SUBJECT ID LIKE TO HEAR FROM OTHERS ON.YOU PICK MY BRAIN ALL THE TIME.