Transmission Mount- Poly or Rubber

pmesfun

I just installed a don wang transmission and noticed the transmission mount was a little worn. Is the stock replacement recommend or should I upgrade to poly? I also plan to install hrparts engine mounts at the same time.

From the look of your sig your car has some pretty good mods, i dont see why you shouldnt run poly engine and tranny mnts. I also installed all poly body bushings, really stiffened the car.

This is from my 4X4 days.

Don't run a urethane transmission mount with rubber engine mounts. The rubber engine mounts can allow the engine to torque more than the urethane trans mount will & can crack the trans case.

You can run urethane engine mounts & either a urethane or rubber trans mount & be fine.

Ok I'll go all poly. The body bushings are not that old, but all rubber including the #5 bushings.

Ok I'll go all poly. The body bushings are not that old, but all rubber including the #5 bushings.
I hate the poly engine mounts because of vibration and I don't like the idea of limiting engine rotation at the front of the engine with a strap or engine mounts because the trans is rotating the block one direction at the back of the engine and the motor mounts and/or strap are trying to stop the rotation at the front of the block. This creates a twisting force on the block like wringing out a wash cloth. Never use a hard mount on the trans no matter what kind of engine mount. You don't want the trans mount to limit rotation because it could break the trans case. Let the trans float and move the small amount that the poly engine mounts,strap,or RJC brace will allow. Again,I don't like limiting engine rotation with rigid mounts at the front of the block. Limit engine rotation where the rotational force is being applied to the block at the back of the block with the RJC engine brace.