trunk mounted battery

I decided to go this route pretty easy installation accept welding a flat shelf in the spare tire area

Here's mine with an Al plate put in place of the spare tire well... I like how it looks without the spare tire well hanging down.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm going to copy this. Because I plan on mounting my over flow where the battery used to be and I can hide my junction boxes underneath the Overflow perfect[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
If you go back to pics in my post #21 in this thread, If you look closely, you will notice I also used that same spot for the coolant reservoir. Mine was made of aluminum sheet metal about as large as the the factory charcoal canister, only deeper. I cut out the bottom of the round depression in the plastic inner fender cover. I used a weld on cap and bung assembly and vented it with a few little holes. It holds about a gallon.

It has a tube inside extending down to within a 1/4 inch of the bottom making it a full recovery reservoir (not just an overflow). I polished it out, but it was too much on the eyes. So I decided to have it powder coated to tone things down a bit.

I even put a drain in the bottom so I could empty it under the car.

If you go back to pics in my post #21 in this thread, If you look closely, you will notice I also used that same spot for the coolant reservoir. Mine was made of aluminum sheet metal about as large as the the factory charcoal canister, only deeper. I cut out the bottom of the round depression in the plastic inner fender cover. I used a weld on cap and bung assembly and vented it with a few little holes. It holds about a gallon.

It has a tube inside extending down to within a 1/4 inch of the bottom making it a full recovery reservoir (not just an overflow). I polished it out, but it was too much on the eyes. So I decided to have it powder coated to tone things down a bit.

I even put a drain in the bottom so I could empty it under the car.
Very nice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I will probably cut out the spare tire well and plate it off next winter.

Some nice installs but do you think there is any performance advantage or real benefit?

Some nice installs but do you think there is any performance advantage or real benefit?
Well for me, at first, I wanted a cleaned out engine compartment. I liked the extra room and the simplified look of an engine compartment stripped of visual distractions. If there was a performance gain it was secondary.

Today, I wouldn't have a choice. I don't have the room no matter what.

But, I added back all kinds of new visual distractions.

My weight distribution was way off, I was 56% on the nose and it was causing the tires to unload

My weight distribution was way off, I was 56% on the nose and it was causing the tires to unload

How much did it change the percentage? I know every bit helps but just curious. I want to scale my cars this summer because a buddy of mine just bought a set of scales, sooo when an opportunity arrives :cool:

I haven't scaled it yet. I hope to in the next week or so.

I installed a rack and pinion, switched to a lift off hood and moved the battery so I should be where I want to be now.