TSA rules discussion

Kip I believe you just answered that question with your post, that if you give people a chance to participate they will like every other Buick racer want to go faster. Where the class is at now every one thinks that there car has to be running 11.00 in order to have any chance being competitive.

Not necessarily. Take a look at the results from THS this year. Their class had qualifying times ranging from 9.60-11.73 and a car with a qualifying time of 11.13 made it into the semi finals. Their times had a full 2 second difference but yet there were 11 cars in the class. So to base participation on times really isn't giving it a fair shake. I do agree that once a racer gets a taste for speed, they will always want to go faster. I think most people just simply want the mods and bolt ons because they do not like the stock look. Which could explain lack of participation in itself. Bill and I have certainly felt that way at one time or another. But, I have to say the most rewarding part of the whole TSA experience has been to discover that what you thought you needed isn't really what you actually did. I guess you could just chalk it up to being a challenge for us personally. It's taken us years to achieve our goals, seven of them just in TSA. So I would just encourage everyone to just hang in there and be positive. We have a really good thing going with this class and I don't want to see it die. My win this year has nothing to do with that statement, but more to do with the jaws we drop and the great times we have together as friends.

Missy

My vote is #1 Pro Tree Heads-up

I believe that seals the deal. Now moving forward I think we need to ask what TSA stand for?
Do we want a class that is stock appearing to a TR novice or to a seasoned and knowledgeable TR owner? In other words stock appearing is a relevant term.

Propose rule change to allow the use of aftermarket rear NON Adjustable upper & lower control arms that retain the stock rear sway bar.

And here is my reason why I think this should be allowed, (see photo ) these control arms were cleaned and painted just prior to the 2015 GS Nationals.View attachment 268516 View attachment 268516

What bushings are those?? Urethane?? If so they are missing a spacer that eliminates the walking.

I believe that seals the deal. Now moving forward I think we need to ask what TSA stand for?
Do we want a class that is stock appearing to a TR novice or to a seasoned and knowledgeable TR owner? In other words stock appearing is a relevant term.

I would think it needs to fall somewhere between mid to knowledgeable. Novice would just open a big can of worms in my opinion. Feel free to use me as an example. I've been around these cars for a long time but there are still things I don't notice right away until they are pointed out to me. I got to see a set of T A Performance stock replacement headers installed recently and to me they look close to stock. On the ground side by side you can certainly see the difference but on the car they are somewhat hidden and not something that would stick out 10 feet away. I guess initially I'm looking at items that are problematic and/or hard to find.

Missy

I have to say the most rewarding part of the whole TSA experience has been to discover that what you thought you needed isn't really what you actually did
We have a really good thing going with this class and I don't want to see it die. My win this year has nothing to do with that statement, but more to do with the jaws we drop and the great times we have together as friends.

So true Missy Well said!

I agree with Missy , we need to meet somewhere between Concourse judging tech & Novice Tech.
I think we have to make small exceptions for parts that just are not available in good used condition such as exhaust headers and unnoticeable parts such as suspension that make the cars safer on the quest for that 10.50 et.

What bushings are those?? Urethane?? If so they are missing a spacer that eliminates the walking.
My bushings are urethane from HR Parts and didn't come with a spacer which under current rules would not be stock appearing.

I didn't want to kick over a nest of hornets, I just would like to see more than 3-4 cars to race against.
I have watched the BSA class use this format and their numbers seem to get better every year.

I will continue to race this class in either format.

My vote:
Sportsman tree, Fastest Qualifying ET = dial in ET

David

[QUOTE="turbodave231, post: 3617834, member: 274"

My vote:
Sportsman tree, Fastest Qualifying ET = dial in ET

David[/QUOTE]

Bill, is it official now that all the votes are in and we can move on or should we still hold off til the 13th?

Yes, I believe its time to move on, now that the votes are in, TSA will continue as a heads up race.

Now moving forward with the rules, keeping in mind that we still essentially want to stay stock appearing.

When proposing a rule change, please propose the rule as it would be wrote in a final draft, word for word to help with discussion.

We will close proposals on December 20 at midnight. Voting will be between the Dec 21 and Jan 10th.

OK, items being voted on that I need help with the wording.
(1) stock style replacement headers and crossover allowed, must use ball sealing flange setup that is compatible/interchangeable with the stock header system components.
(2). Aftermarket rear control arms OK, must be black in color, non adjustable square tube or aluminum (no round tube) must use stock sway bar mounting locations.
(3) the use of turbo tweak tune saver OK , must be hidden from plain view.

Please feel free to help with/ correct my wording.

Thanks
Bill

Does anybody have a pic of one installed? Also if it was hidden from plain sight it would already be legal under the rules we have now correct?

I Like the version ( the use of Turbo Tweak tune saver is Ok ) . Kip would be right that if it was hidden from plain sight it would be legal now depending on how picky you want to get on the routing of the small orange wire from the battery.

Just because it is hidden does not mean its legal. Because if it's seen then it can get you disqualified. The trick is people not knowing right?

Last edited:
After many hours of research and consideration of proposed rule changes, I have decided on the following wording which I think covers what has been discussed:

1. The use of aftermarket or stock boxed control arms in rear that retains stock wheelbase allowed. Must be non adjustable, black in color with black bushings. Must also retain factory mounting locations which include factory sway bar mounting. NO round tube control arms or suspension relocation devices allowed.

2. Commercially available stock style replacement headers and crossover allowed. Must use ball sealing flange that is compatible/interchangeable with the stock header system components. Original GM headers are not required to have heat shields intact and welding is allowed for leak repair.

3. The use of Turbo Tweak tune saver allowed.

Here we go, voting can be done here on the board or emailed to me at billthomp86@yahoo.com. Give me a yes or no on items 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks
Bill