TTA Emblems

Here you go. Hard to get a good shot with the car pulled in all the way, if you want more I can try to get some tomorrow.
20170310_202611.jpg
20170310_202615.jpg
20170310_202644.jpg

Attachments

• 20170310_202611.jpg
    20170310_202611.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
That 3M tape is from carmotorsports ... not looked in detail at the emblems ...

Jan 3M is also used on the originals .. take a GOOD look at the original backing ... I went through this MANY years ago before the REPRO's even came out to find what was used by whom
to create the emblems .. and I can also say that some originals didn't even have the orange sided paper but had black .. again 3M backing

Like I mentioned to the OP .. when put on a car .. from 5 feet away .. nobody is going to be able to see the difference ..
The OEM ones were done in batches and there are even differences in those batches .

With the tech out today .. the OEM ones could be made to be perfect .. but that's just it .. they would be TOO perfect and that would give them away as the OEM ones were NOT perfect.

Jan 3M is also used on the originals .. take a GOOD look at the original backing ... I went through this MANY years ago before the REPRO's even came out to find what was used by whom
to create the emblems .. and I can also say that some originals didn't even have the orange sided paper but had black .. again 3M backing

Like I mentioned to the OP .. when put on a car .. from 5 feet away .. nobody is going to be able to see the difference ..
The OEM ones were done in batches and there are even differences in those batches .

With the tech out today .. the OEM ones could be made to be perfect .. but that's just it .. they would be TOO perfect and that would give them away as the OEM ones were NOT perfect.

Well anything is possible I just based my comment on what I know and seen over the past 18 years and I also got a box full of OEM emblems and got a large quantity of photos of OEM emblems and none have 3M printed in the protective film and only Car motorsport do.

But I've been wrong before and always eager to learn :)

Well anything is possible I just based my comment on what I know and seen over the past 18 years and I also got a box full of OEM emblems and got a large quantity of photos of OEM emblems and none have 3M printed in the protective film and only Car motorsport do.

But I've been wrong before and always eager to learn :)

We all learn.. I did a lot of learning early on .. and 1 thing I did learn is that there are inconsistency between the OEM's as well as it wasn't 1 run for all the emblems ..

Same for the REPRO's .. they were made by different company .. at different times.. with changes in design .. so it gets real interesting .

I actually have 1 of the proto emblems before they made it in production on the cars .. nothing is an exact science ..

The biggest point I have to make on these is that it will take a very very up close detailed view of the emblems by a very few select people that can tell .. I doubt there are more than a handful of people that could differentiate all the variations .

not to throw a wrench in things .. but factually I can tell you that there have been REPRO emblems sold in GM bags .. and I don't mean 5-6 emblems .. so what you THINK you have ... you might not have .

Here's an idea. Pay the original poster 600 dollars for a repop set of badges and we can end this thread.......

Fyi politicians can't fire police officers..you know as much about that as you do tta emblems.