Ttype 5.3 ls swap complete 13 psi 560whp

Dang...I wanted to see what the omni had in it.
that omni is a friend of a friend it was running low 11s that day but has been mid 10s.

Nice times for 13psi. Any idea what your car weighs? I've run similar times through the 8th and trying to gauge what my motor may be making lol.

car weighs 3840, I will be trying to cut some weight over winter, and that is with no rollbar yet. with driver

nice! Going to do a swap myself. 5.3 forged rotating asy. and yes its a real 86 t. Beats the crap outta building a stage engine!

stage engine $$$$$$$ and MORE $$$$$

built LS 1/4 of the price

The car turned out GREAT, really like the color combo! With this set up would you be able to run AC? Is your 4L80E stock with just the aftermarket converter?

Thank you, you are to kind...You would need a different motor mount setup in order to run A/C there is a couple of guys with A/C. The 4l80 has been built by CK trans in NY
If i want A/C I will drive the Shelby LOL But if I want to go fast I drive the BUICK..

LOL! I would hope the Shelby's fast too! JK! Those shelby's are sick cars! I've been looking for a build with a turbo set up like this and AC. Maybe it's time to just build my own mounts. Keep up the good work man!

Ive been inspired by your build!

Made the jump...6.0L LQ9 purchased today. I'll be sure to post my build thread as well!

Looks to me that the biggest issue is the piping....may cost some cash there....!

I might have missed it, but what's your fuel system look like? (what pump/injectors/fuel lines/regulator?}

I have a walboro 400lph in the stock location, with -8an feed, 2 clamps on out let of stock fuel hat (like factory), to a y block -6an feeding each side of the aluminum fuel rails -6an out of each side to the fuel reg(ebay special) with 80# inj..

Just replace the LS1 cam with one from LJMS stage 2 4.8 turbo cam, maxing out turbo at this point but gained 87wtq and 20whp. turbo swap after I get some track time in.

Attachments

• dyno1-6-16.jpg
    dyno1-6-16.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 287
That's what I like to hear, I'd be more than happy at that power level!! What lines did you go with (hard lines, brand, ect)? I'm putting together my parts list now, and so far your build is about the closest to what I want to do I've found. You've spent money only on parts you need and kept it all straight forward and simple. How close are you to maxing out your fuel system at this point?

Also post up an idle shot if you can, I'd love to hear the cam at idle.

I used all push lock hose, easier to work with. on the Dyno I am making 20 psi and A/F is 10.6-10.8 fuel system not letting up. I will be swapping to the bigger on3 7875 turbo, hoping to pick up another 50whp. but will keep you in the loop

Attachments

• LS buick t type 005.JPG
    LS buick t type 005.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 336
What is the total cost to built the complete engine?

Are you talking about a complete turbo setup or just the actual engine?

a 5.3 or 4.8 donor engine can be found for as little as $100... they'll average about $500 for a low mile clean engine though. The Ls6 heads and cam and supporting hardware might run anywhere between $1000 and $2000 depending on deals. This is for the long block only, your pan, intake, misc gaskets and accessories can add up quick.

You can easily spend a ton of money swapping an LS into anything, but you absolutely do not have to to make a good deal of power. There are a bunch of junkyard engines in the 9's a quite a few down into the 8's and some of them are literally bone stock $500 unopened junkyard egines. There was a dude across the pond who was making almost 1400hp on a 6.0 with o-ringed heads.

First let me say that I have a friend that works at a junk yard.
I started with 2 core motors, 1 a 01 5.3 truck crank, pulley, fly wheel, tb,water pump, alt, pws and 2 a LS4

I used the cast block with the internals from a impala ss that burned, better rods, pistons ect
and they sport the LS6 heads 243 castings, $6oo for the cores.. I put new bearings and gaskets, $250ish
from what i remember, and a LS1 intake from Ebay $125, qwick performace acc bracket $300, H2 oil pan ebay $210 came with dipstick and gaskets. LS7 lifters $160, LS1 cam free from a friend, stock push rods, rockers. Head stud kit $200, all the other hardware and sensors salvage from core motors.

long block complete w/acc. $1635. and after a year has not leaked a drop of oil yet.

most recent cam kit from Little Johns: was $720 w/ dual spings and titanium locks and retainers.

In the past I paid $2ooo for a set of TA aluminum heads for my V6 car.( Just saying)

Are you talking about a complete turbo setup or just the actual engine?

a 5.3 or 4.8 donor engine can be found for as little as $100... they'll average about $500 for a low mile clean engine though. The Ls6 heads and cam and supporting hardware might run anywhere between $1000 and $2000 depending on deals. This is for the long block only, your pan, intake, misc gaskets and accessories can add up quick.

You can easily spend a ton of money swapping an LS into anything, but you absolutely do not have to to make a good deal of power. There are a bunch of junkyard engines in the 9's a quite a few down into the 8's and some of them are literally bone stock $500 unopened junkyard egines. There was a dude across the pond who was making almost 1400hp on a 6.0 with o-ringed heads.
I need the complete turbo set-up. Thanks