Tuning is Getting Better...New times!

Windedv6

Went to the M9 today for my second round of track tuning.:)

Things are coming together on the motor tune. There is some more left I believe in the motor as I am at 24-25 lbs of boost. I should be able to get to 27-28# were I was last year. Currently running 104 octane and will move higher as needed.

I haven't played with the suspension yet. I am going to wait until I am satisifed with the tuning before I attempt to break things. I am still spinning some.

My best runs for the day.....

60 - 1.65
330 - 4.58
1/8 - 7.02
MPH -100.81
1000 - 9.12
1/4 - 10.88
MPH - 129.51

60 - 1.57
330 - 4.51
1/8 - 6.97
MPH -100.14
1000 - 9.09
1/4 - 10.87
MPH - 128.8

60 - 1.58
330 - 4.47
1/8 - 6.88
MPH -102.07
1000 - 8.94
1/4 - 10.74
MPH - 128.57

I did have some disasters as I choked a couple times at the line and ran some low 11s. There was plenty of human error hanging around. :eek:

There will be some video up soon.

It's been a fun couple of weeks!!

John

Thanks Robert...

Sometimes I wish I had this setup in a SY....just to see what it could do, but I have had my TY for 11 years. May I will have to get a Sy also someday.

John

Good job John!

Do you think changing the intake manifold was the biggest change to get you in the 10's?

Do you think changing the intake manifold was the biggest change to get you in the 10's?
I think it was definately a help, but I also changed turbos. I do know that each cylinder is very equal to the others as all my plugs are identical....that's a first over the stocker intake. That alone acounts for more hp and better/easier tuning.

What is your setups on your Ty?
Mods

The intake is a Pontiac single plane 23 degree converted to EFI with a Ford style TB

John

Holy Crap, what a small world.......

John Gerber??? I used to work at ABT with Greg, Dave and Jerry....... I remember seeing you (and talking to you) a bunch of times. The last time I think I saw you is when you were competing with the CRX.

I remember that Ty from a LONG TIME AGO! :)

I am glad to hear you still have it, I remember a long time ago Dave Lee said you were thinking of selling it.

WOW, nice times!!!!!!!!

Rick

Still only have about 15K miles on the Typhoon. Of course nothing is stock anymore and it's changed alot from the car audio days...:cool:

10.71 Run

I just put the CRX up for sale this week. Put about 500 miles on it the last 5 years.

John

Wow thats impressive John, I was just talking bout your truck and its famous rear wing :D , at this point do you think its helping you or slowing you down and have you ever thought about taking it off.
David

Ps, dont forget about the batman stuff for me;) :) :D

The wing was put on back in 1993 and was just for show as the typhoon was a IASCA pro competition car for about five years. I am considering taking it off as it has no use for drag racing.... unless maybe from a stability point at high mph. One reason that I have not done it yet is that some body repair may be needed when it's removed. The rest of the truck is near perfect and I didn't want to mess with the orginal paint, etc.

John