Turbo wont spin at idel

So the seal went in my turbo was blowing white /blue smoke oit the exhaust and some leakage at the downpipe. so i take it to a reputable race shop older guy hes worked on turbos for years.he the guy to go to blah blah blah..he fixed the little shaft play in it and replaced the seal..i pick it up and notice the wheel doesnt turn real stiff etc..I questioned it because i know it should spin freely..he said it would free up..well i try to get some in it and turn it..got a little better but still not like it should..car wont run more than 2 seconds cuz the turbo isnt spinning and the exhaust still cant make the wheel spin...what the heel happened ..what did this guy do?

Something is out of spec but it's not why it won't stay running. Plenty of room for exhaust to get through with the throttle closed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok car running..it was maf..buy yeah no boost..no whistle from turbo which tells me its not even spinning when driving it..theres just too much resistance trying to spin the wheel.

Ok car running..it was maf..buy yeah no boost..no whistle from turbo which tells me its not even spinning when driving it..theres just too much resistance trying to spin the wheel.
Sound like it may now be junk.
It should spin like its ridding on soft butter.