U-POL clear?

jim0207

INVNO1
Recommended by my paint supplier I use U-POL 2872 clear and 2391 hardener. My question is, what am I doing to cause so mush orange peel? I have tried wide open fan and a smaller fan. I have tried wide open fluid needle and a lesser wide open needle. I am using a gravity feed brand new gun. I have varied my air pressure at the gun from 25 psi to 30 psi. I have tried variables of all three. My air supply comes from a 5 hp 60 gallon.

Maybe the reducer isn't right for the temperature your spraying in. What kind of gun is it? A cheap gun will cause it too. I had a Harbor Freight gun that was horrible. Bought a $200 DeVillbiss finish line gun and it was a night and day difference.

What fluid tip are u using ? I use a lot of that clear works great its a 4-1 but I always mix it 4-1-1 with one part reducer also the temp of your product is very important I always pre heat my clear and activator before mixing

Cool shop temps will do it ! Try mixing 4-1-1/2 and if your real good with the gun you can go to 4-1-1 . That clear has a lot of solids and product temp is key before mixing . I painted a lot of GNs with that clear

20141012_153217.jpg
20141011_200232.jpg
here is some u-pol clear [/ATTACH] View attachment 241739

Last edited:
yes the first pic shows it half buffed the 2nd pic is just as i sprayed it then it was sanded and buffed