Upper Radiator Hose?

KeithB

Anyone know where to get an upper radiator hose that fits these cars? The factory GM part #25502037 is no longer made according to my local Buick dealer and GMPartsDirect.com. The auto parts stores all want to sell me a Gates Flex hose part #25262. The ends on it are nowhere big enough to fit the radiator or the water neck. Help!!! --- Keith

Originally posted by kobrous
Anyone know where to get an upper radiator hose that fits these cars? The factory GM part #25502037 is no longer made ...
For an 86-87, I think that is is the wrong part #.

Last time I replaced the upper hose, it was # 25525229, and it was an identical replacement. It shows as valid at GMpartsDirect.com and is also listed at GNtType.org.

If you replace a lower hose, #25523616, inspect it carefully to ensure there is a spring inside it (to prevent collapse under suction). The first one I bought, the spring had been left out!

Keith,

I bought both hoses from David Taylor Cadillac / Buick............

(713) 270-3510.

Upper Radiator Hose, P/N 025525229..................$ 19.01

Lower Radiator Hose, P/N 025523616..................$ 28.96 W/ Spring

Use the HAIL discount to get these prices.

James

Thanks for the help everybody. Yes, my local Buick dealer gave me the wrong part number (James, it was not David Taylor). Guess I should have first checked gnttype.org before posting here. Duh! --- Keith