Vacuum brakes installed

gm5150

Finally did my first mod other than a radio install and power antenna removal! Flushed all brake lines and entire system bled, they work extremely well, very happy with the results!
Here's a pic of the new vacuum brake setup.
f72cf3e02c81acde7bcfb4b2702f2d8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, I also changed out the windshield washer pump that was bad as well.

Looks good! I went from manual brakes to vacuum a couple of years ago...don't regret it at all.

Here is the antenna delete I did a couple weeks back.
Don't mind the dust on her lol.
4c552705e6846738991fcc4137884bc4.jpg

You should see my car if you think that's dusty :eek: What are you running instead of the antenna?

Next mod will be a full E85 conversion, then pulling the engine for all new gaskets and a good cleaning and inspection!
Then I will move onto a new paint job and panel alignment of fenders / doors etc.
The list goes on and on! haaaaa

Did you redrill your existing pedal or replace it when you converted brakes

your engine looks spotless. pull the motor for gaskets?

I want to install New head gaskets, water pump, timing chain and cover, front and rear main seals.. etc.
Figured it would be easier to pull the Motor to get em all done and have everything looked over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You may want to paint the brake booster to prevent rust.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I would paint the brake booster before it gets surface rust. I wouldn't change the head gaskets unless they're damaged.

If it's stored in a garage year round?
Would I be ok to just wipe it down with WD-40 every couple months?

Idk I drive mine a lot. I put one on like you and a few months later it was covered in rust. I painted it while I had my engine out. It was in the garage at night but driven daily in any weather.

Scanmaster hooked up and..
Windshield antenna installed and working extremely well!
2b9b06998eeeaa3f49fc1bd8f8abcfe5.jpg

9e7f7f23fdd39a727a2811698541b460.jpg

If it's stored in a garage year round?
Would I be ok to just wipe it down with WD-40 every couple months?

Isn't that aluminum? I know stores have been selling cast iron units for years, but every G-body vacuum brake Master cylinder was aluminum from the factory. Yours looks like the aluminum unti to me.

I hope its aluminum. I did mine a long time ago and it looked great when I installed it but later it looked horrible. Painted it black and it's good again.

The master cylinder is aluminum but the brake booster is steel with only a gray primer on it.