Video file of recent run

Great times, what kinda boost were you running on that pass?

ive got basically the same combo as you if i open the dump pipe (except the V4). what kinda boost you running? nice 60 ft. what lb you launch at? what converter?

thanks

Nice run, congrats. I'd also be interested in hearing what boost level you ran. My combo is similar to yours. You don't mention what kind of heads you have so I assume stock? With a similar combo to yours with the only major difference being heads and cam I ran the time in my signature 12.40 @ 112. That was at 17-18 psi on drag radials. It would be interesting to know what kind of boost levels a car with stock heads has to run in order to get similar performance to ported heads at a lower boost level.

By the way, what kind of tires were you running?

I was running about 21psi in 1st, dropping to about 19-20 in 3rd. I've got a 2800 stall that seems to spool the PTE-44 very quickly. I was trying to leave about 4-5 psi, let off the brake between the 2nd and 3rd light and throttle to the floor. I was still having traction problems. From reading other post here, I need to get rid of my aftermarket pinion snubber. I was gettin tire hop pretty bad off the launches. Definitely stock heads. Tires are Nitto DRs 275/50/15.

I'm currently missing the intercooler shroud, but have a replacement ready to install. I also think I need a higher timing chip (24* or so, currently 19*) to compliment the alky.

About that dump pipe...got a question for you. I just put a test/dump on (for testing only of course ;) ). I didn't open the dump because I hear many folks on here saying it kills low end torque, but also helps on the high side. Maybe I could get a little better traction with the dump open and pick up a couple of MPH ?

Open the dump - the killing the lowend thing is for N/A cars, it doesn't apply to a turbo car. Depending on what exhaust you have you could gain .2-.3 and a couple mph.

You should be able to tune and/or drive off a second and add 5-10mph to that combo!

if you want to go seriously fast with that combo you better get some slicks...28x9's will be fine

if you can build 10-12 lbs of boost at the starting line and launch hard...you can get into the 11's easy...you have the combo for it...it's all about hard launches:D