vin check please

Ok, got more info. He bought the car from deleware,it was a theft recovery, the front fender,header panel and radio support was smashed, I imagine grill and same side headlights and possibly hood had damage, he didn't say. Said when he bought it, they already took care of vin and doesn't know if and how the reissue a vin #. Sent me a pic of # on the frame.
received_1348855751860271.jpeg
received_1348855751860271.jpeg

No frame damage, car will be fully restored and obviously is frame off. I have mixed emotions of possibly buying it when all done. The work is being done by the owner of the car at his own body shop and he has another gn he already restored, so he knows the cars. Opinions?

If you ever try to sell it, you'll jhave a tough time. But if the deal is sweet enough...

If it was me looking, I'd keep looking, unless you're getting it super cheap. Most people are scared of revin'd, rebuilt or salvage titles, including myself. If you buy it, and then eventually put it up for sale, you'll never get full GN resale value for it. Just my opinion tho. I used to work with a guy years ago that bought an 86 that was revin'd by NYPD. It was a recovered theft. Right in the windshield where the factory vin was, was a small plateplate that replaced it, started with NYPD, and then something like a 5 digit number was next to it. I don't remember what he paid for it, but I remember he didn't pay full value for it. Was a moon roof car with power locks and manual windows.

Yeah, that's the thing that has me concerned. It won't be cheap, right around normal GN prices, maybe not a bad price for a frame off car. But in the event I ever have to sell it then I know it'll be hard to sell cause of the R title.