Weber Roller Cam Question

87SFI

I just installed this hydraulic roller cam and it seems that there is quite a bit of valve train noise. Is this normal for roller cams? This kit uses the stock rocker arms and came with hydraulic roller lifters, pushrods and timing set.

Thanks
George

On the Weber roller kit I installed, the pushrods would not work due to the length not fitting.

No, a roller cam should not give you valve train noise. Did you check for proper pre-load during install?

No I did not. He said I did not have to bother with the preload adjustment since I'm using the stock rocker arm assembly and with the pushrods he sent me. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Thanks
George

Roller Cam

Haven't heard of a Weber roller cam before .... and I am looking at roller cams myself (Isky - Crane - Erson - Comp. etc..) so can you give me email or other address for Weber cam guy ... I luv making comparisons before I unload the Gold Plastic.

87SFI-
I have the same roller cam and have very little noise. With the hood open you can hear a little, but by NO means is it loud. My mechanic also told me that it is quieter than the ATR cam which is pretty quiet also.

Weber roller here too and I have gotten several comments about how quite it is. I do have the T&D roller rockers also and had to get custom length pushrods for it all to go together as recommended.

weber and another gn mechanic told me to run it for a while until the oil gets hot and thin. There may be air pockets in the lifters still so that is what I will do and if it still clicks alot, time for longer pushrods. BTW weber told me there would be a little noise, but the noise I have is quite obvious.

Thanks for the input guys:)
George