Welcome Baer Brake Systems!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I would like to thank our newest full sponsor Rick from Baer Brakes. Many of you guys are familiar with the products and know they are top shelf 1st class stuff... Please check out the site at http://www.baer.com/ and show them how we support our vendors:biggrin:

Thanks TB.com and Shane!!

We are very excited to be an official sponsor of TurboBuick.com! This is a big step for Baer Brakes as this is the first message board we have ever supported and sponsored!

If anybody needs anything feel free to PM or e-mail me. We have a number of exciting new products coming out, we also have a number of pieces for the DIY installers that are looking for parts to finish off an install.

Thx again guys!!

We are very excited to be an official sponsor of TurboBuick.com! This is a big step for Baer Brakes as this is the first message board we have ever supported and sponsored!

If anybody needs anything feel free to PM or e-mail me. We have a number of exciting new products coming out, we also have a number of pieces for the DIY installers that are looking for parts to finish off an install.

Thx again guys!!

This is great news Rick.:cool: Thanks for doing this and I'm glad I don't have to bust your chops ever again.:biggrin:

Welcome aboard!

Thx again guys!!
any chance of u guys making some of the high end stuff for 15 inch rims? it seem like the 15 rims get chit on a little. I think there would be a market for it if the price was reasonable

Thx guys!!!! :)

GNBrett, you are correct and that is what we have been working on this past year!! We introduced a new SS4+ front that features a 4 piston caliper mounted to an 11" 2pc rotor. Here is a pic of it

This is largest brake we can fit in a 15" wheel. We offer this build on spindles, or in parts (like shown) so you can modify your own. As pictured (with powder option) runs $995.00.

This is an aluminum caliper, stainless pistons, dust and weather sealed (meets DOT specs), 11" 2pc rotor (directional so specific left and right), billet hubs (with timken tapered bearings), hoses, pads, fittings etc.

This has all the benifits of our larger brakes just in a smaller package :)

Attachments

• SS4+ Red.jpg
    SS4+ Red.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 742
Thats awesome!!! Welcome to the site!!!!! Im thinking about a rear street strip kit for my gn from you guys...Do they bolt on without modifying the rear axle flange?

Almost forgot the rear system :)

For the rear we have a couple of options. For the street guys we can do an SS4 rear that features the same 4 piston caliper (has smaller pistons to be sized correctly for the rear) on a 12" directional 1pc rear rotor. This is designed specifically for the g-body rear (is a bolt on) and the caliper bracket is designed with some "float" in it so when the factory c-clip axles move the caliper will be able to accept the axle movement without having issues. Due to the drum in hat park brake this is a larger 1pc rotor so fitment in some 15" wheels might be difficult (planning to check a GN and T-type wheel shortly). Rear in a powder finish runs $1295.00 (clear anodized shown is $100 less).

For the drag racers that have a modified rear with a bearing on axle (such as a 9") or 9" ends. We can do the same SS4+ on the rear as the front with No park brake. Rear (pic on the right) with hoses and powder finish would run $825.00. (clear shown is $100 less).

Many of the street/strip guys I recommend to just do the front. It will transform the car (most braking is done up front), and the drums work best when launching with the foot brake due to the surface area of the drum compared to the disk.

Attachments

• SS4 rear.jpg
    SS4 rear.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 736
  • SS4+ rear DRAG single-ej7.jpg
    SS4+ rear DRAG single-ej7.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 720
any chance of u guys making some of the high end stuff for 15 inch rims? it seem like the 15 rims get chit on a little. I think there would be a market for it if the price was reasonable

Like Rick said, this new G body Baer brake system IS "high end"! :)

Do not see how it could get much better for 15" wheels? :confused:

I just installed front and rear sets on my race car and my stopping distance at 140+ MPH is now 1/2 of the previous aftermarket system. The added confidence of having the additional braking power is wonderful and amazing.

I first tried the front Baer brakes only at the track [installed the rears the following week] to see how they would perform. A continuing problem was pushing through the front brakes in the water box doing a burnout. This is a major PIA when in competition. The added power of the Baer system has completely eliminated that! :cool:

I will not go into details to trash other aftermarket brake systems, including the ones I have use for a couple years, but from my personal experience, and discussions with other racers with G-body and A-body cars, this new Bear system will outperform them hand down! :D

Our next "trial" is to install the new Baer system just on the front on a stock GN to determine just how much more effective they will be over a stock set-up.

We will also soon have a new page on our web site with more details and info on other Buicks using Baer brakes.

Great news and Great products!

Very soon we will be putting the Track4 front system and the SS4 rear system to the test on the autocross & Road course. We already have a BAER speed/stop challenge done with the stock brakes so I can't wait to see the difference it makes with this set up at this years BAER Speed/Stop challenge at the RTMC in Nashville.

Since we are a authorized dealer for BAER Brake Systems, look for us at the events and get your free brochures, stickers, and catalogs!!! We hope to have a display on hand for everyone to see as well.

Scot W.

Thanks Rick...Great News... the setup you sold me years ago is still goin strong... if my money tree ever blooms i will upgrade to bigger calipers:cool:

Welcome aboard !!!

Subscribed. I hope these fit with the factory GN wheels.

Bryan