Welcome to Syclone & Typhoon Tech Forum

maybe lost, but not for long...

i expect to make a limited number of posts on this board, this one and one more in Parts For Sale section to part out my Buick in a few weeks, not much more if any after that.

Re: sy/ty scanmaster

Originally posted by gnocide
well maybe now we can get a scanmaster built for these since we have so much buick pull.anyone else here also have a sy or ty that may find it benifical to have vs a laptop?

I tried to get these made for a long time.

Now that I've had some time to really think it over, its not really necessary if you have a laptop.

I'd much rather just buy a laptop stand for my thinkpad and be done with it. There was a guy on this site that had sold a few stands for like $20, really would have like to get one from him...but missed out. So if anyone else has any for real cheap I'm interested.

I *would* however like to get a knock light indicator. But as far as a scanmaster, they are cool, but a laptop is a must have item IMO, and no real need for both.

later,
Scott

Adam here!

Brian,

I hear you are going to be in Sacramento this weekend? If so, maybe we can hook up.

Adam

Yep I was supposed to leave last night but missed my window of driving in 120º heat without an A/C. I'm leaving Denver in a few hours....hitting some outlet malls up in Dillon then driving to Las Vegas timing it to be there around 8 am. Meeting up with some people, staying the night. Then meeting my sister and then leaving at night again. I'll be going through Reno. I have your number so I can see if we can't time it. I'll be in Sacramento several weeks so if I don't hook up with you in a couple days, I can try again during that time. Anyway, I'll see you soon either way. Take care buddy. Brian

meet up

Brian,

Is it possible to pick stuff up if I come down there on a weekend day once everything is finished?

Hot August nights is coming up to. That is always fun for people into go fast cars.

Later,
Big Dave
Idaho Sy/Ty

Yep, If I'm not there maybe Bruce or Mark can handle it. Tell me which tranny you want done first. Plan on jet skiing with Gorden Jennings one weekend. He has a couple turbo jetskiis I think I can kill myself on. :)

I'll need to move these posts to a new thread called Brian's big adventure out west once I get a second.

I'm 30 minutes from leaving. Call me at the shop 916-739-0510 if anyone needs me.

Re: Adam here!

Originally posted by Ivanko
Brian,

I hear you are going to be in Sacramento this weekend? If so, maybe we can hook up.

Adam

Brian,

You are more than welcome to pitch a tent with us before you head off to Sac. I'll introduce to our new member of our family, "Morpheus." He's half Jungle Cat half domestic cat. AKA F-1 Chaucie. You should see him and Yoda wrestle!

Adam (775) 624-0177

Gentleman. How hard would a clone Syclone be to make?

I currently own 3 moderately fast cars.

a 12 flat Srt4
a 11.6 Automatic LS1/2 GTO
and a 11.20 Ls2 GTO

I like being the odd guy. i was going to endeavor to make a FF Cobra (with alot of help)

but i got to wondering... S-10 are plentiful....the 700R is just a 4L60
i have a turbo guru to help...and the GMC Safari awd truck tranny has to be available.

how hard would it be to Make my own Syclone...of course i could usea mildly boosted Ls1 not to knock the 4.3.

Buy a rolling chassis
have ls1 ready to go
paint, suspension....and most important the awd 35/65 split. with upgraded
clutch pacs
Economy big brake system ( i heard that the vehicles weakpoint.)

Any idea who i could look to for such a project.

I'm thinking i could do the syclone absolute tribute. I'd even consider staying with the 4.3 if anyone can give me a valid reason. figure and LS1 or even Lt1 with 10 -12 psi would do the trick.

the suspesion would be modernized....but i like the old tranny configuration.
i'm new to this vehicle but not to awd or turbo.

my former vehicle included 2 Evolutions and and multiple 4l60/4l80 combo's
with Lt1's , Ls1's and Ls2's

Factory Five Cobra might be easier but i'm into the surprise factor.

Budget is about 25-30 k.........can it be done?

B4 i catch any crap on my cars let me be so bold as to say this about them

the srt has 440 hp... obviosly its launch ability suffers greatly per fwd... but traps in the 120 range. Great rolling racer.

the ls1/ls2 hybrid GTO is an auto with a stall and cuts 1.6 60's constantly its dynoed at 496 whp

the last GTO was my project..it will handle with a z51 vette. brakea as well
with competiton tire...not dr's its an competnt roadcourse car with just over 600 hp.

But i believe i can build an incredible launcher with a 7000 redline and a fat flat powerband with a boosted Ls1....would be the logical choice 7000 rpm on a 2002+ Ls1 is no problem..with proper valve train and with the right cam and turbo selection it won't run out of steam.....i'm hooked tight with my turbo guy so twin turbo's is a viable option..

A clean S10 even one thats been costumized..(might save on paint and other parts but i want the syclone look....the exact side skirting rims.

i'm sure i can find one fairly cheap....and beef the suspension and drop the engine and tranny into it....again not forgeting the braking.

i'm not here to challenge anyone... Yes i'm a GTO guy....and a Srt4 guy.
that Srt4 has all the proper suspension for a od luanch i'm just not going to tear it up using slicks to prove its a fast car.....from a roll its beating KB 500whp Terminators.

But lets face reality....laws are changing and i like street racing.. not crazy stuff...light to light...or a highway showdown.....but mostly light to light..and even though my ls1/ls2 GTO isn't the most powerful....HP/LB it provides me with instant gratification watching 911 turbos squirm reading my rear plate.

eqiped with an auto gears and 3500 yank with drag springs and koni's it live for off thel line encounters..

these are cars set up to run these times...with almost no track prep....i know the Gn and Syclone typhoons are the same....they can run on the street what they run at the track.....

i'd love a solid reliable mid 10 truck....... oh Reliability...all my car are built and run on safe tunes...not maxing any components...
suspesion and drivelines were addressed.

i know i can do better. AWD fat powerband 450+ torque minimum 7000 redline....still breathing.

an omage to the cars alot of racers forgot about.. I'm not ashamed to say even in one of my best cars i was schooled by a GN and had a real close race with a Syclone in one of my fastest 1/8 mile setup cars.

there is no beating this combo you guys have ..ok i 've kissed up enough.
whose got some solid advice. Oh its gotta be done with 6 months.

I have never been in this before and I just got a ty and was hopping there was more info here lol.
Chips seem to be a big problem for these trucks anyone have any info on where to get a good and not the Code 59 crap lol.

I have never been in this before and I just got a ty and was hopping there was more info here lol.
Chips seem to be a big problem for these trucks anyone have any info on where to get a good and not the Code 59 crap lol.

I Just got one too and was saying the same thing!!!!

Gonna keep the stock one for now.

Too bad turbotweak didn't make some for these trucks????

I Just got one too and was saying the same thing!!!!

Gonna keep the stock one for now.

Too bad turbotweak didn't make some for these trucks????

I thought Mike Litch and Full throttle used to make a scanmaster for them but I cant find any on his site He used to deal in the sy/ty I think. Razor has and alky kit for them and ATR Is gone they used to have a ton of stuff for them :(

Try syty.net .... great site ---

Been on there for a while lots of info but some of these guys are more out there (Geeky) than some of the Buick guys (No wanting to offend any one sorry if I have)
Many have some strange ideas too. Like most hate alky inj. ???? WTH! thats the best mod out there for a turbo car or truck!

The ECM on these trucks seems to be a pain Im not sure Im keeping this thing Im kinda up set I didnt do more research before I purchased it. GM Really didnt do there home work on these trucks.

Been on there for a while lots of info but some of these guys are more out there (Geeky) than some of the Buick guys (No wanting to offend any one sorry if I have)
Many have some strange ideas too. Like most hate alky inj. ???? WTH! thats the best mod out there for a turbo car or truck!

The ECM on these trucks seems to be a pain Im not sure Im keeping this thing Im kinda up set I didnt do more research before I purchased it. GM Really didnt do there home work on these trucks.

I enjoy driving my Ty, much more than I did the TTA, plus it's alot easier to get in/out of.

I will agree these trucks seem like you have to wrench on them alot more than the buicks!!!

Seems as though if you keep them stock they'll last longer. My first buick had over 350K on it when I sold it and the bottom end never touched. I bet you will not find a Sy/Ty that has that many miles on it.

I like them though something different, wish there were more vendors who sold stuff for them though. Not much of a market I guess as how many are left????

I enjoy driving my Ty, much more than I did the TTA, plus it's alot easier to get in/out of.

I will agree these trucks seem like you have to wrench on them alot more than the buicks!!!

Seems as though if you keep them stock they'll last longer. My first buick had over 350K on it when I sold it and the bottom end never touched. I bet you will not find a Sy/Ty that has that many miles on it.

I like them though something different, wish there were more vendors who sold stuff for them though. Not much of a market I guess as how many are left????

I agree 100% I love my Buicks but its not as easy to put the family in as the ty's are. :) I like the truck and yes the lack of vendors sucks but they are also more rare than a T 0r a GN as they only made a total of what 3500 trucks in 2 years?? (not sure on the right #) and there were over 20,000 GN's built just in 87 so there are not as many. And that seems to me would at some point make them worth way more money. :) Id have a stock one but ya know thats just not me I have a need for speed :)
And I think with a built motor and not beating on it all the time it can be a good reliable truck you just have to do your maintnance and keep it out of knock. Just like a Buick. Thing is they dont make any good tools to see knock all the time like the scan master on the dash of a GN :( Thats an item needed very very badly for these trucks and as I said before I thought that at one time Mike Litch made one.
Anyway Im on the fence with this thing Data logging all the time is a pain and the wife gets sick of holding a laptop in the pass. seat. :(

low 13 qaurter mile. 4.6 sec 0 to 60. I just baught a black syclone and the original owner gave me all the sales stuff he recieved wh he purchased it. pretty amazing for a 20 year old truck to hang with todays supersports cars.

my new toy

hello everyone i just pciked up my first ty...black with 94,000 on her ..she is sweet,, i slapped my tta wheels on it and a cold air kit,,,thats all...i have a built gn for fun...this is just a nice toy ...