What a difference change of plugs and tighter gap made.

youngstr

I've been struggling all winter with a miss that would develope under full throttle at about 3500 rpms. motor would stumble and miss, swapped cam sensor with known good, swapped ecm, checked grounds, checked main ground strap for frame rubs, nothing. tested coil pack, it passed. Finally today I decided to change plugs from the ones the motor builder put in, when i pulled them and checked the gap he had them gapped at 0.45 which i believe is the stock gap for a hot air. He used autolite racing plugs, i think they were 25's, I swapped them out for ac delco's r43ts and gapped them at .30, and POW! set the boost down to 8 lbs to make sure i didn't break anything, and pinned it to the floor-board. It screamed up to 5800 and shifted and screamed up to 5600 and shifted, no knock , zero , none ! Motor sounded great, in the motorbuilders defense he did build a damn good motor, it sounded great and pulled hard even at only 8lbs, he's a 350 cid kinda guy so his machine work is top notch, he's only done a few turbo 6 builds. I'll stop by his place tomorrow and show him this little detail and let him know he did build a great motor. Now all i have to do is move on to the next little thing wrong with the buick (alky kit pump not spinning up) hell I might get to the track by June :p