What did you do to your GN today?

kirban comments

with spring weather arriving I plan to unwrap mine from its long winter nap under car cover and several blankets its been guarded all winter by 5 patrol cats.....only cost me in cat food....all 5 have the courtsey of using one of my shrubbery beds for their massive litter box.

Did not track the mice kill ratio this winter but it was over 10......

rodents can play havoc on cars that sit dominate for periods of time....

cats make the best patrol animals....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I have an all original white 87 Turbo-T....low optioned lite weight example. Rides on GNX wheels with all the good suspension goodies done and bracing.

I made my switch panel . It has all my switches my 2 step rpm dial and a voltmeter
IMG_8052.JPG

Replaced by bottom oil cooler hose that was leaking and then went cruising. :) Thanks Hwy Stars

Oil cooler hose.jpg

The lower rockers, blended a little above so you can't tell.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
e4499cc7c1a4b3c61c0fbd7f7bcdc767.jpg

Drove to glass shop, had new windshield installed. Turns out the cracked windshield wasn't the original one. Also turns out the price was $245 and I have $250 deductible on comprehensive. Also ordered new gnx wheel cap stickers on ebay today from Snakeskinner. Lost a cap on I-75 going through Atlanta last December.

Finishing buffing the passenger side and painted the driver side rockers. Felt ambitious so I stripped the paint off the bumper and primed it.

a8e620b7390e0cd97463d4d61217a127.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just sitting here waiting for a pair of head gaskets.................

It is all I need to put the engine back together.

Uncovered it , got her off the jack stands, checked the lug nut torque, checked tire pressure, installed a new battery , checked the oil, kept the ecm unplugged and engaged the starter for about 5 sec, plugged the ecm back in , said a short prayer to the patron saint of Turbo Buicks, hit the key and woke her up from her winter slumber. Dusted her off and went on an easy cruise for about 15 minutes .... Then enjoyed that "boosted" feeling. Nice to hear that sweet "chirp" from the tires on that 1-2 shift again. Spend the rest of the day in a much better mood. Can't wait until the cruise in season starts around here again.

Another 15 min ride around the block breaking in this new rear end ........ with NO spirited driving allowed . I have to do that two more times , fluid change and GTG ! This staying out of boost is killing me !!

Removed the cover, opened the hood and hooked up the battery. Then I carefully put the key in the ignition and turned it to the right. I think the engine turned over about three times and she came to life! Took her off the stands and drove all the way to the end of my driveway! That 50' felt so good!

Installed racetronix 450LPH fuel pump and teflon fuel line kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro