What Do I Need To Get to the 10's?

The following are the parts that I have - Will any of them work to put me in the high 10's?

THDP
Ta 49 Turbo
42.5 Injecters
Precision Front Mount Intercooler
Poly Body Mounts
XP Fuel Pump
Red Chips
Tomka Cold Air Kit
Trans Freshered by Vince Janis

11.7 @ 114

I bought the car off of the board and the guy before me ran 11.69.

Thanks for all your help.

You NEED bigger injectors. At least MSD50's.

Your turbo will come up a little short. You may get close to 10's with a 49, but you need to go bigger.

Get your 60' into the 1.5's and it will make the 10's even closer.

10's. Well you need a double pumper or equal, 50's or bigger, 9" convertor or 3200 stall, T63E or bigger turbo, some ported heads and some good traction (slicks) and spare parts when you start breaking stuff. Good luck!

NOS

get an nos chip a button on about 50 hp and some slicks and hang on........

NOS + 4 JATO bottles will do it fer sure:cool:

In your list above I see the Intercooler as the only piece that will go 10's. I'd suggest that you need larger injectors, larger turbo and a host of other items to make them all work in perfect harmony...10's is not impossible with a stock long-block, just challenging, and not attainable by most of us.
HTH
Jim

when going for 10's its a smart idea to go for the head /intake porting since it makes it so much easier without having to stuff 30# of boost in it.

a 51 turbo will not go tens so dont use one of then a 52 will only go tens a couple times so if you want to mess with them guys go atleast with a 54.

or get one of the best turbo's made and call John Craig and get a 45 turbo from him.

50# injectors will go there but id recomend going 72-75# so you have room to grow.

Bruce (WE4) can hook you up with one of his 9-11 converters witch is very good daily driving plus still has lockup and a good price to match.

I think Reds is right about the turbo thing,he should know.I dont know if 50s and ported heads can get you there,but they are needed.I have a combo like yours but with the 50s and P&P heads and intake and other stuff.I think it is good for 11s definitely but 10s may be out of reach for me.I plan on getting someone like Jay Carter or Billy Duke to look at it soon b/c the tune is hard for me to get right.I changed the heads cam and intake and added 1.65 rollers while the motor was out and it was just too many mods at once.Now I have to get a pro to look at it and that costs $$$ too.

a 51 turbo will not go tens so dont use one of then a 52 will only go tens a couple times so if you want to mess with them guys go atleast with a 54.

Thats not entirely true... I have heard of one guy get a 10.9 with a 51 but that was with a 1.5 60' and the guy can tune. I would think anything from a 51 on up could do it but the bigger the easier.

Perhaps also knowing what it takes to live in the 10s would be advisable. A girdle, billet mains, ARP fasteners, adequate oiling to name a few. 10s on a completely stock motor can be done but doubtful it would do it many times.